1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS: Howard admits "Hack-A-Dwight" has mentally scarred him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Hey Dwight, here's some free advice, stop talking about your free throw shooting. Just because the media ask, it doesn't mean you have to answer.

2. SunsRocketsfan

Howard does sound like a baby and mentally weak from that article.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Solution to Dwight's free throw shooting:

He needs to let it go. Say **** everybody and **** what everybody thinks. And just go up there and shoot with middle fingers in his mind flipping off the crowd and telling himself whether he makes it or he misses it doesn't matter.

It's like anxiety attacks. If you suffer from them, the more you think about NOT wanting to get one, the more likely it is to happen. It's a paradox.

The way to get over them is to basically say "**** it. I don't even care if I get one." And not just tell yourself that... but actually believe it.

Dwight has to go up to the line and not give a care in the world. And not just tell himself that, but actually believe it.

4. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

I just wish Dwight would stop doing all these stupid interviews with the media. I hope he knows that the media will always look for a way to make him look bad in the public because they know so many people hate him because of the Lakers and Orlando drama. He just needs to shut up and play ball.

5. yunac010

yunac010 Member

This makes me wonder if Kobe ever made him cry last season.

6. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Member

After reading the article it seems like the quote was taken a bit out of context. It's more Sampson saying things about Howard and the writer twisting it a bit.

7. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Dwight's in his prime. He's been a pro for 9 years. FT-wise this is as good as he's gonna get. Even hiring a sports psychologist now probably isn't going to help.

8. clutz

clutz Member

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The coaches should punish the team at practice every time Dwight misses a certain amount of free throws.

I remember in basketball practice, our coach would put the pressure on players to make shots, or the rest of the team would have to pay the price. It always added the same kind of pressure you felt during the game(the feeling of not letting your team down).

Less days off, more sprints, etc.

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Can we lay off the 'Baby Mammas' joke…it's getting as old as the LOF & LOH trash. You are much better than that Carl. Dis the man, but taking shots at his family is a pretty low act in my opinion mate.

11. mig0s

mig0s Member

Dwight can make 90% in practice? Impressive

12. kastuul

kastuul Member

HOU should gather fans to simulate real game atmosphere and free throw distractions to help Howard practice.

13. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Calvin Murphy can just teach him for a month. problem solved

14. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Yeah I agree. babymamas are not good. I hate anything with babymamas in it.

15. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Concerning any way you spin it. The sports psychologist is a nice suggestion, but how likely is it in 9 years of bad FT shooting he's never seen one for a extended period of time? I don't buy it. He's seen one, it just hasn't done any damn good.

There's gotta be ways to simulate shooting free throws in a game. Invite 5000 random people off the street everyday for 5, 10 mins to boo him mercilessly. Something.

16. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Dwight needs to get himself an education. That's how you become mentally strong, by knowing things other people don't. Study (of Islam) is what turned the corner for Dream. I'll bet Dwight never met a book he couldn't tear in half.

17. SeabrookMiglla

You practice and improve with the conscious mind but play the actual game with the unconscious mind

18. cml750

cml750 Member

Dwight seriously needs to get with Calvin Murphy to work on his FT mechanics. We desperately need him to start hitting at least 60% from the charity stripe.

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Thing is, didn't hack a howard happen in Orlando too? If so, he should be used to it.

20. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

No surprise, he's always been soft in the head.