1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(CBS) Deron Williams wants to join Amar'e in NY.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets934life, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

When a league is dictated by PLAYERS on who plays where, the fans are the ones who get screwed.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Isn't that what Amare just did?

3. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

What is up with everyone wanting to go to ny now

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That's exactly what Amar'e did. And I applaud him for it.

5. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Yeah. I guess in hindsight he did. I guess I just forget because many assumed that when he signed, he would be joined by LeBron or another free agent like Joe Johnson.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I dont understand this point of view....the franchise tag isn't locking anyone up for a lifetime. It's only going to delay it. Plus, why is a tage going to work any different than having a player under contract for another year or two? Players are already demanding trades (and getting them) while their contract isn't up yet.

And i think Miami would seriously consider trading in one of the big 3 if they don't get really close to a ring by then. Deron to Miami and Lebron to NY would be welcomed by both teams.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Which is why ownership is going to push for a franchise tag. The NBA has been hijacked by Diva'palooza, and it's got to be nipped in the bud before it's too late.

8. RocketMania1991

I'm confident that if all the stars started forming teams with each other that other stars would rise up from the ranks.

There are to many good players that just don't get enough floor time that have the potential for stardom.

It would shine the light on unknown players on teams.

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Which is why the owners are pushing for a hard cap. The franchise tag isn't even being talked about at this point and even if installed it'll likely just delay the whole trade demand process. A hard cap on the other hand forces teams to smartly spend their money and would most likely eliminate the superfriends groupings.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Unique approach.

If I were Kroenke, I would have a sit down with Stern. I'd have a fairly short, direct conversation. "David, you see what is happening to our game. I am thinking about trading Melo because if nothing changes in the new CBA, I am going to lose him for nothing. I am going to make a decision tonight regarding whether to trade him or keep him based on what I feel you are going to do to support our game and support our demands for a franchise tag. Are you going to stand with the owners and insist on a franchise tag or are you going to keep your mouth shut and let this thing just play out?"

Then I'd keep looking right in his eye and watch and listen. And then I'd make a determination on whether to trade Melo or not based on how I felt about the new CBA and how I felt the negotiations and lockout were going to turn out. If I felt like the owners were going to hold out for the tag and Stern was going to suppor it, then I would not trade Melo unless I got exactly what I wanted for him. On the other hand, if Stern mealy mouthed around and acted like he couldn't do anything and just hem hawed, I'd call up the TWolves and work Kahn for some sort of deal.

11. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

12. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Cannot force players to stay on teams they do not want to be on.

Players are smarter now, and realise if owners are going to cheap, and not make a effort to contend, they will leave.

Why waste your prime years on a bad team(Garnett), when you can join a team that is willing to do what it takes to win.

They should be allowed to go where they want, and it's up to the owners to build teams around players, so they don't want to leave.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Because we suck! :eek:

14. amaru

amaru Member

The new ones will team up as well if nothing changes.

15. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

New CBA will they stop this "collusion". There very well may be a lockout in the nba. No way the 20 other teams that dont appeal to stars take this crap any longer. Why dont we just have the top 20 players start for the lakers, ny, heat and chicago and then skip the regular season all together and have them play 20 game playoff series.

geesh. at least the dunk contest looks like its gaining new life

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I hope David Stern is happy with what he has transformed this league into. By marketing individual superstars, and giving them everything they would want in terms of contracts and officiating, he has turned the NBA into a bastardized version of fantasy basketball.

1 person likes this.
  17. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

The usual LeBron apologist is at it again! LeBron is smart! Cleveland is gay!

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't care where DeRon goes as long as they finally start pronouncing his name correctly.

DeRON, not Darren.

Can you tell I hate Utah.

19. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Once again, are we going to force players to play for teams they don't want to play for?

20. AggieRocketsFan

Good thing Houston doesn't have any superstar players causing drama. :rolleyes: