1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS] Andre Johnson Was Denied New Contract

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

And the team should suffer because he changed his mind?

If you want the right to change your mind, don't sign an extension in 2010 that carries you through 2016.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

All WR are destined to be divas at some point. It's always the WRs, it's uncanny.

btw..., nice example for Hopkins.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This is some bull. I'm really annoyed with AJ for the first time ever.

We don't owe him jack. If he doesn't wanna play, get your check book out. Repay some of the signing bonus and lose the 6.5 M salary this season. Put your money where you mouth is. I'm tired of hearing this we owe it to him crap.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah. The team will suffer. Heaven forbid the team suffers! He's doing what's best for him. Bill O'Brien can try and win him over or let the guy with the most clout in the building become an adversary. Or... just find a way to move the guy. Trust me, there's a way to move him.

The team suffers. Oh noooo, boo hoo. Nobody sheds any tears over the good of the team.

We don't owe him anything, he doesn't owe us anything. It's business. It's desire. He wants out. So be it.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

They don't owe him a QB better than Ryan Fitzpatrick to throw the ball to him??

He's been a good soldier his whole career while his HOF-talent has been mitigated by having 2 worthless QB's throwing him the ball.

Now the Texans have no problem wasting what is likely one of Andre's last few prime years by COMPLETELY punting the QB position.

I don't blame him one bit for having seen enough.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I have a lot of stuff I want to say about AJ right now, stuff that I've been thinking for a while and holding in because I respect him and what he's done for this team and city so much. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. And not that what I think matters anyway...

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Totally random...or not: I just saw Andre at my job. I would have said something to him but I was on the phone with my wife.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

Been saying it repeatedly...Signing Vick for a year or two this offseason should have been a no-brainer.

This is simply more of the fallout of an inept, un-inventive front office.

10. MystikArkitect

Would've been better than Fitz. The only thing scaring me about BoB is his fascination with big, burly QBs. Vick,Wilson, Kaep, RGIII, Manziel, Brees type guys appear to be against his way of thinking. Doesn't paint Keenum in a pretty picture and I still feel like the kid is the best QB we have at this point. (spare me the 0-8, Kubiak was setting everyone up for failure at this point)

QB/WR position is unsettling for sure.

11. sammy

They owed the TEAM to make the best picks, the right picks.

Clowney was the correct pick. X can prove to be the right pick once TB was off the board. We gotta big TE that compares with Gronk's measurables and we gotta fat ass that ran a 5.0 40 to clog the middle/stop the run.

I was excited about a solid draft and now have to see this crap.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

So...what leverage does he even have? The only thing he can do is "request" a trade or retire like Barry Sanders. There is no in between. Really wish he would have told the ownership this **** after the end of last season or at least before the freaking draft. That pisses me off.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have zero faith in this organization to build a great team.

I also have zero tears to shed for a guy who is a millionaire many times over complaining about the organization that made it so.

Trade him...don't trade him...whatever.

14. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

I can totally see why he is made the Texans will be crap for another 2 to 3 yrs and we do not have a decent QB. He just wants to win the superbowl and that is not happening in the next few yrs

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

He's probably saying this now that we have really nothing of great worth invested at the QB position. No star WR in the twilight of his career wants to be in what is a hopeless short-term situation as far as competing for a super bowl.

At best, next year we go 8-8 or 9-7 and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Then, even if we do find a way to draft a franchise QB, it's hard to win with a rookie QB. So in a perfect world we're still probably 3 years away from a chance at SB contention, barring the development of a world-beater defense.

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

You sound like Donald Sterling.

He would have become a multi-millionaire with any organization.

Make no mistake about it: Andre Johnson did the Texans a favor by re-upping with them (several times now). Not the other way around.

17. sammy

He did us a favor. Great.

Moving on. It sounds like he's putting himself in position to hold out. Classic all about the money move. I don't blame him but let's cut the it's about wins and losses crap.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I feel for Andre. I feel the team had a good draft on the defensive end of the ball but was disappointed they couldn't somehow get Bridgewater when he was there for the taking. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt the organization big time. Its understandable that Andre isn't wildly thrilled going into this year especially on his side of the ball with the QB still a major weakness on the team on paper.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I sound like a racist because I don't have sympathy for a guy complaining about his work situation when he's able to take care of generations by the money they've paid him?

Ok.

Sure he woulda coulda shoulda been a multi-millionaire with any org. No doubt. But he didn't. He signed with the Texans for long term...and he was a big boy with big boy representation. No one forced him to do it. He knew what he was doing. And he knew the people who were in charge who'd ultimately be making the decision. He signed on anyway, and was handsomely compensated while not having to relocate.

He's unhappy with the direction of the franchise...fine...force something to move on. I don't have a problem with that. I wouldn't want to play for the Texans, either, if I had a choice to play somewhere else. But I don't feel sorry for the guy....not a bit.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That audio clip was depressing. He doesn't want to be here anymore, I don't blame him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.