1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBO Scores Gang of 8 Senate Immigration Bill

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Jun 18, 2013.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Would Decrease Deficits Over 10 Years by $200 billion

“This report is a huge momentum boost for immigration reform." said Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), who helped author the bill, in a statement. "This debunks the idea that immigration reform is anything other than a boon to our economy, and robs the bill’s opponents of one of their last remaining arguments."

meanwhile: Boehner: "I Will Only Push Immigration Through House If We Have Majority GOP Support"

2. mc mark

WOW!!!!

“Today’s CBO score is more evidence that immigration is key to economic growth. Immigration reform will jumpstart America’s economy and reduce our national debt. And because CBO employed the type of dynamic analysis conservatives have long clamored for, we have a full accounting of both the costs and benefits of reform. I urge Congress to fix our broken immigration system for the sake of the American economy.”

Anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist

3. False

False Member

I only care about the deficit when it is politically expedient and fits into my pre-conceived notions of where this country ought to head, sorry.

2 people like this.
  4. underoverup

underoverup Member

About time they got this completed now the house will have to do some actual work instead scandal whoring.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I agree with any legislation that helps people become citizens easier.

[rant].....But why is every ****ing thing projected over 10 years? No one in their right mind ever projects anything over 10 years. :mad:[/rant]

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Bringing in millions of third world laborers won't burden our entitlement system at all! They'll be net tax payers! The CBO says so!

This is just like Obamacare, the initial years has everyone paying in, nothing coming out. All the payouts come later (when illegals get bennys). So they can manipulate the score.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/...eficit-by-nearly-200-billion-in-first-decade/

But don't worry about high unemployment and stagnating wages. Amnesty for noncitizens is more important. Gotta keep Democrats and Big Business happy with cheap labor and a permanent underclass of voters.

7. mc mark

I remember your thread a while back. I'd interested in your thoughts about the senate bill. Do you think it's a good one?

8. mc mark

I was going to ignore this post but really.

You really have an ignorant view of our immigrant brothers and sisters. First off, they are already here.

These people probably work harder than you. Have families, have well paying jobs, support kids in college, live in our communities. No wonder they are running from the republican party with that kind of attitude.

9. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

This bill will only cut illegal immigration by 25 percent. No thanks.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

illegal immigration is already at one of the lowest points in history.

11. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

I don't care. I want illegal immigration eliminated as much as it possibly can be. Cutting it by 25 percent is pitiful.

12. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

So tell me...are you looking forward to the rampant inflation that will ensue when we have to pay minimum wage and benefits to lettuce puckers, dishwashers and construction workers?

If you ignore he economic impact that would have then you are only interested in about half the story just to draw a line in the sand.

14. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

:confused::confused::confused:

um methinks you have the parties confused

But yeah, I could totally see how Google could benefit from the flood of cheap laborers, as opposed to McDonalds.

15. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Whatever you say. I never said eliminate all immigration. I said eliminate illegal immigration as much as possible. It is NOT okay to enter any country illegally. And it can be a drain on the economy and the government without question. Furthermore, not every illegal is a great, upstanding citizen. I understand that many are decent people and just quite desperate, but this does not make it okay. The Mexican government and the American government have both done a miserable job and are the two main culprits when it comes to this problem. This bill is another half-assed attempt at mitigating the problem and was solely created to garner votes.

16. Northside Storm

the funniest thing is watching a free market zealot rally against open borders.

I seriously don't know how people like that think. I assume their thought threads are just twisty knobs.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, and when it's already at near record lows 25% more on top of that is huge. This administration has deported more illegals and cutback on illegal immigration a huge amount.

So you'd rather not pass any bill which cuts illegal immigration by zero percent?

18. Northside Storm

America was based on illegal immigration.

"admitted to be the rightful occupants of the soil … their rights to complete sovereignty, as independent nations, were necessarily diminished, and their power to dispose of the soil, at their own will, to whomsoever they pleased, was denied by the original fundamental principle, that discovery gave exclusive title to those who made it."

that's probably the ultimate twisty knob of thinking.

(Marshall, Johnson v. McIntosh, on European "discovery" of native lands.)

19. mc mark

twisty knobs

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Because in 10 years it will be irrelevant. We will have forgotten or new policies would have made it irrelevant.