1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBL] The Rockets already have their 3rd star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Jul 11, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Believe me, i don't blame him one bit. I totally understand where he is coming from. But Asik has to realize that the team really has a chance to do something here.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

[B4L] A backup center that figures to get maybe 20 minutes per game, tops, is not going to ever be legitimately recognized as a third "star".

1 person likes this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm actually excited to see what kind of offers Morey can get for Asik at the trade deadline. I'm sure he's holding out to see if a team that has aspirations to compete right now decides to hang it up for the season, and trade away a major piece for value. Dallas, Portland, Minnesota, New Orleans.....I'm looking at you.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I think he will man up and play just as hard as he did last season but I hope we find a good trade that benefits both parties because I think he has earned the right to be a starter.

5. dje243

dje243 Member

Question: if we had gotten Iguodala, would people call that a big 3? I believe they would.

Iguodala: 13, 5, and 5 (29 years old, 6 - 6)

Parsons: 15.5, 5, and 3 (24 years old, 6 - 9)

Oh and just for fun:

Kawhi: 11.9, 6, and 1.6 (22 years old, 6 - 7)

Parsons is imo already a superior player to Iguodala. The best thing is that he's still very young and improving. Iguodala was an all-star and Parsons was putting up basically the same numbers. Were trying to identify or acquire a 3rd star and he's already on the team.

6. dje243

dje243 Member

But make no mistake: Asik off the bench and his trade value are HUGE for the future of our team.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

[PBL] He will be a star amongst us Rocket fans if he takes us to the promised land.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Even if Michael Jordan had been backed up by Isiah Thomas through his career(lets say earlier in his career), Isiah Thomas wouldn't have been Isiah Thomas the HOF'er and top 50 of all time... Isiah Thomas needed to be on a team where he could flourish and put the team on his back for most of the game.

Its the nature of your role in the NBA defining your success by some degree.

Asik just simply wont have the role with the Rockets to be considered an all-star. Maybe a 6th man award, but in limited minutes, & role there is no way he's even in the conversation unless for some crazy reason he develops ridiculous offensive skills overnight to become an offensive go-to option at the PF spot to play alongside Dwight.

Let's be honest, skilled bigs like the Gasol bro's, Sampson, etc. had the skills they had at a very young age... some even in their early teens. If Asik doesn't have developed offensive skills right now in his late 20's.... good luck being skilled enough to play the pf spot at all much less being elite enough to be a go-to option offensively.

Sorry Badlee.... not gonna happen.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No sir. Deception is not my thing. I do however consider myself as an official Clutchfans source of reality:). In a crazy persons sort of way:confused:.

10. rob1

rob1 Member

the title... really?

11. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Terrible. He will never be a star. Good player? Yes. Great defender? Probably. Star? No.

Not only will he never be a star with a complete lack of an offensive game, but he isn't a fit with our other two stars. That's kind of the key.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

PG right now is most important for this team at moment. If they have to sacrifice Asik and his 12-13 minutes a game that he will play behind Howard then they have to pull the trigger on it. I still have my doubts about Lin, love his game but don't know if he's the quarterback to help them win a championship.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Guys, get used to the CBL. It's my new thing. I was just testing it out and judging by the responses, you love it!;):p:grin:

14. Harden13

Harden13 Member

yeah this seems like the best coarse of action

15. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

for Mr. xtruroyaltyx

Here was my first post.

I said, "... I'd LIKE TO SEE him land in OKC".

I never said he could, would, should, whatever -ould be in OKC.

Again, I ' D L I K E T O S E E H I M (find a way to) I N O K C, if ever the Rockets decide to move him.

There. Can you read?

I never said that Asik could land in OKC.

Like I said before I just like the idea of the line up:

Asik - Ibaka - Durant - Lamb - Westbrook

I think that is a very strong team.

Again my point was in bold letters below:

Now I'm just answering and giving my ideas on the how it would be possible part:

Kendrick Perkins is making 8.5M and 9.2M the next 2 seasons. That's just similar to Asik's salary which averages at 8.4M for the 3 yrs he signed in Houston. So yes, theoretically there is room for Asik if Kendrick is moved but as we all know, Asik's contract is not as simple as that.

So yes, they have the money for a center in that price range. Although, I doubt if they'd bite on Asik's contract now because it will bite on the 3rd yr in terms of luxury tax as we all know. And of course, his value is higher now, so in a few years when he hits free agency he'll definitely command more. But as always, GM's have their ways if ever or should they really want to make it happen, and the cap will still increase.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think you mean chandler parsons. He is the 3rd star.

17. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

was expecting to see CParsons was going to be the one. lol

18. HTM

HTM Member

Just stopping by to let CBL know I think he is an idiot

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

This sounds like a dentist joke?

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

Iguodala right now is a better perimeter defender than Parsons or Leonard.