1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

CBD Products

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cebu, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are decriminalized in a few places like Denver if you are really interested in them. I would never suggest anyone that isn't completely sure about what they are picking to go out and get them in the wild. While you'll probably be okay even if you screw up, some mushrooms are very poisonous.

There are also grow kits you can buy legally, but if you actually use the kits to grow them it becomes illegal.....so it depends on how you feel about that sort of thing.

TWS1986 and FrontRunner like this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice man. And you're right on the sous vide you can use it here and it's also great for making steak/chicken etc etc. - lots of good stuff

Also, with the sous vide you can still do this process with mason jars (only make finger tight) - even do the decarb part, so you don't have to have a dedicated vacuum sealer or stronger silicone bag (for the higher temp), also you don't have to worry about a bag bursting. There's plenty of guides out there - but this method is nice since it allows for a higher level of control on the temperature and you really don't have to watch it too closely or use any special method to keep it from touching. I think your thoughts about having it separate from the crock pot with rings are good ideas and it makes sense - but again w/ sous vide don't have to worry about temp going higher than what you set.

How much CBD do you typically use?

3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

So cow **** is essential? God, have I been looking in all the wrong places...

4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Thanks. I've been curious about them for a long time. Not so sure that I want to get sick or risk ending up in the ER though.

I didn't know there were kits you could buy to grow them. Will have to give that some thought. Denver someday too.

5. Buck Turgidson

If you're picking 'em in the wild it is.

6. Buck Turgidson

I've done this system for various edible mushrooms, just not the ones that jiggle your eyes around. They're stupid easy to grow, no idea where you'd get the spawn/spores though.

https://grocycle.com/how-to-grow-oyster-mushrooms/

7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I think I'll try my hand at growing edibles. It's intimidating, as I know nothing about them, but it can't be any harder than gardening.

8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Trying out some CBD oil again for neck pain. Have some herniated discs and ****ed up muscles in my neck. Took a break for about 3 years because I'm not really sure the last batch worked. Plus CBD oil is so damn expensive too that it's challenging to continue using it over a long period of time. Willing to try ******* nearly anything now. :\

9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

At this point, I wouldn't mind. Lol.

10. likestohypeguy

Just buy the cbd buds, find a way to DIY. I had the same feelings with cost vs. effectiveness, but the flower itself is cheap enough, can make as strong as you want, and can get much higher quality with known ingredients and using actual buds vs. trim

CCity Zero and TWS1986 like this.
  11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I know I'm going to sound naive, but buying CBD buds is legal??

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What was the price at the store? I know this was awhile ago but just curious

13. likestohypeguy

Yes and they even come with lab reports that shows THC & CBD %'s.

TWS1986 likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I got some CBD in December. It's no fluke. I get joint pains especially when I work out. Thirty minutes after I use this stuff, they're gone. Also helps tremendously with neck and back pain from stress.

What I didn't anticipate, and that I've seen the biggest benefit from, is that it's had a massive impact on my moods. I am just more calm, happy and relaxed. There's no 'high' at all, just the chill effects. I'm not lazy at all, I'm super productive. I sleep better. I fall asleep faster.

I got my CBD from this place. It was (IMO) super pricey, although they have a bogo 50%: https://healingleafcbdstore.com/

Anyone have a more inexpensive and/or better product?

Any other insights?

STR8Thugg, mikol13 and B-Bob like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

These new Delta-8 vapes are impressive.

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

It's really cheap less than regs.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

did you get these online or in a local houston store?

18. KingCheetah

Lots of places around Austin -- D8 is good stuff totally legal.

CCity Zero and ryan_98 like this.
  19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

What from this site do you use specifically?

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!