1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBA Finals/Sharks(Ming) vs Rockets(second half only)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carlit0, Jun 26, 2002.

1. carlit0

carlit0 Member

CBA Finals Video Shanghi Sharks vs Bayi Rockets (3rd & 4th quarters only)

Here you can watch the second half of the Sharks game with Yao Ming playing vs the Rockets(CBA Finals/championship game)!

You have to go to this web address first:
    http://www5.cnool.net/sport/record.asp

Once here, you will see a little video camera and under the upper section, click on the link that is the second one from the bottom of the top section of videos.
    This one:
    4ÔÂ19ÈÕCBA(°Ëһ˫¹vsÉϺ£¶«·½£©¡º3317¡»
    (in this line 4 19 CBA are within this line of info)

Enjoy!!!

I know I am right now!!

I will report what I saw later.

What do you think of Yao Ming in this game?

#1 carlit0, Jun 26, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2002
  2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Cool, I am watching it right now. Just saw David Benoit. So far, Ming is demanding the ball a bit, but hey, he is the star of the team.

3. carlit0

carlit0 Member

From what I saw in this game(second half only) .

At first, I was not too impressed, but after watching whole second half and remembering that he is only 22 years old, I can see a bright future.

What Yao Ming can do:

Shoots free throws pretty good.

Has great hands, and soft hands around the basket.

Rebounds well (semi aggressive)

Can pass out of double teams pretty easily and accurately (to 3pt shooters).

Ming can pass pretty well in the open court, with good court vision.

Shot blocking is there, but most of them are because they challenge him, Ming did not get to many blocks by aggressively going to get them.

Can put the ball on the floor, but normally passes to an open player. I cannot see him crossing anybody over.

Ming normally comes down the court (kinda slow in this game) and posts up (low) and sets some screens (high and low).

Also has a very nice turnaround 10 ft jumper.

Ming’s lateral quickness did not look that good, especially if he runs out a SF coming in from the 3 pt line. (Fouls will be a problem at first.)

Ming runs hard when he wants, but they never took him out of the game for some rest. Ming seemed a little tired. But towards the end of the game he performed much better in the clutch.

Ming did a lot in this game (stats), and he was not the main player for his team, Ming’s team looked very guard orientated like the Houston Rockets, Ming just did little things here and there and got the job done. A big plus to me was that Ming did not have to have the ball in his hands to be happy and produce.

He did look a little raw, but I can see Ming’s potential in a year or so.

Whatever reports we have gotten about the performances of Ming from Rudy T and CD, they seem accurate to me from what I saw.

Those opposing Rockets over there, can hit some shots also!!

That was a close game.

It was fun to watch the Championship Sharks last game on the season.

Now I really believe in Yao Ming.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

hmmm... only bad thing so far...

He lost the jump ball! :(

5. Dave2000

So far, i am not that really impressive with Ming. I have watched 12+ mins and I am not in "wow" yet. Most of the shots he has made have been pretty easy shots. Catch the ball and barley jump to lay the ball up. I was dissapointed on one defensive play where he tried to defend his man out on the perimeter, and he didnt even attempt to try to go get the rebound and it was on more than one occassion. I will just have to see the rest of the game for my straight up opinion. For the record, I am a Pro-ming fan :)

6. carlit0

carlit0 Member

That's how I felt at the beginning also, just hang in there.

Remember.... they are winning in the game at this point, so they seem to be taking it easy.
    Clutch time will come soon.

7. Dave2000

Ok, I just finished the 3rd quarter. I was really impressed with Ming's ball handling skills. They ran many plays where Yao gets the ball on top of the perimeter, drives to the basket like a point guard then passes it out to the corner for an open 3. I can get used to that with him passing the ball to Rice, Mobley, and Franchise. I want to watch the 4th quarter because of carlit0's review but I have to be up in 4 hours. Overall, not bad. Was kinda questioning him at first but, I would still love to see him on this team. Only a mere 15hrs till we hear Stern speakin chineese. A chineese name that is. :)

8. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

The quality of this video is very nice. The transfer rate was sporatic but it was a lot of fun to watch.

My take on Ming's game. He is near automatic within 8 feet of the basket. Free throw shooting was very good. When he is able to position himself under the basket his shot blocking ability is very good. Wow. I hope all goes well today.

They treat him almost like a point guard at times. He seems to have the famous alley-oop down and they ran that play several times. Francis will have lots of fun with this guy.

9. carlit0

carlit0 Member

I wanted to go to sleep earlier also, but when I found this and by the time I figured out the damm symbols, I had to watch it all.

I am just happy now that I have my own views from actual video more than highlights.

I am impressed with Ming, and he will be the real deal.

10. carlit0

carlit0 Member

I am glad now that we do not have to stress anymore if we can get Ming or not.

Start getting familiar with that site until Ming arrives in the US.

11. fwang

fwang Member

HELP!!

I can't get it work. The error message of the Windows Media Player is "Can't open. Please verify that the path and filename is correct and try it again". When I pressed the help button, I got a half-window indicating the server is too busy. Does anyone have any idea? Or clutchcity.net could be a mirror site of that web site? BTW, I always find that realplayer is much easier to use.

12. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

He will be in the US for the World Championship Games in Indiana (August), and the Chinese team will also play USA twice, so you don't have to wait too long :)

-G'day-

13. heech

heech Contributing Member

Let's think about this for a second. :)

He is a 7'6" center! The fact that we're even discussing the possibility of him crossing someone over is just... amazing. But he really lulls you to sleep, because although he's huge, he moves like a much smaller and quicker guy.

His lateral movement might be lacking, but how many offensive centers will really be so much faster that they can exploit that?

OOOoOOOooO. This is going to be a good day. This might not be a good season, but this will be a great decade.

14. carlit0

carlit0 Member

I tried it again and it worked for me.

Some of the other clips do the same thing to me, but this one happen to work for me.

I would just turn it off the player completely and try it again later.

I hope you get lucky and it works.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I get a server session limit exceeded. Maybe a whole bunch of people just viewed it???

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Make sure you simplified Chinese encoding selected in your browser so the link works correctly.

17. redao

redao Member

A way to Download this:

get this small software first.
    http://sun.sj.net.cn:8080/souxin/software/asfr+_b52.zip

unzip , copy all files to c:/windows/

Start-> run->copy this line there.

asfr "mms://61.153.17.24/¶«·½ÈÈÏß sport/cba/cba0419.asf" -t 3

If it doesn't work, you need a chinese system.