1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs: Wiggins or Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by professorjay, Jul 17, 2014.

?

Keep Andrew Wiggins or trade for Kevin Love?

1. Keep Andrew Wiggins

112 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Trade Wiggins for Kevin Love

120 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. dmoneybangbang

Hindsight is 20/20 but Kevin Love simply doesn't fit. I could see Wiggins being a really great defender/rebounder if he would have stayed on the Cavs.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Just to be clear, Love is not trying to high 5 anyone here. He is explaining to Lebron that he contested a shot. Perfect example of how social media tries to sell something that didn't happen in reality and how casual fans buy into it.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Cavs didn't miss Love during the EC playoffs; now that Warriors have actual wing players who can score / are versatile, I think Cavs would rather have Wiggins at the moment.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Taylor said he underestimated Love's ability to develop a lethal offensive game. But the reason Taylor didn't push for the five-year max, he said, was heath concerns about Love.

"I think Kevin, his offensive skills got better than I think we estimated. The only thing that I still have a question mark about will be his health. I had that concern then, I still have that concern and I think Cleveland should have that concern, too," Taylor said. "If they sign him to a five-year contract like they're thinking about, I mean that's a big contract in a guy that's had sometimes where he's missed games."

As for Love, Taylor said he questions if Cleveland is the right landing spot for him, where he'll play alongside the best player in the world, LeBron James, and point guard Kyrie Irving. Taylor also nitpicked portions of Love's game.

"I question Kevin if this is going to be the best deal for him because I think he's going to be the third player on a team. I don't think he's going to get a lot of credit if they do really well. I think he'll get the blame if they don't do well. He's going to have to learn to handle that.

"I think he's around a couple guys are awful good. Now I'm not saying that Kevin's not good, but I think where maybe he got away with some stuff, not playing defense on our team, I'm not sure how that's going to work in Cleveland. So I would guess they're going to ask him to play more defense. And he's foul-prone," Taylor said.[/rquoter]

[rquoter]Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor said he thinks Kevin Love may get exposed for defensive liabilities now that he has joined the high-profile Cleveland Cavaliers.

"I think where maybe he got away with some stuff not playing defense on our team, I'm not sure that's how it's going to work in Cleveland," Taylor said on ESPN Radio 1500 AM in the Twin Cities on Tuesday. "I would guess they're going to ask him to play more defense and he's foul prone."

Taylor also said he thinks Love may get the blame if the Cavs have some struggles.

"I question Kevin if this is going to be the best deal for him because I think he's going to be the third player on the team," Taylor said. "I don't think he's going to get a lot of credit if they do really well. I think he'll get blame if they don't do well. He's around a couple guys that are awful good."

"If they sign him to a five-year contract like they're thinking about, that's a big contract on a guy that's had some times he's missed games," Taylor said, perhaps referencing how Love twice broke his hand while playing for the Wolves and costing him to miss most of the 2012-13 season.

"The only thing I still have a question mark about is health. I had that concern then (when they negotiated his previous contract) and I still have that concern. I think Cleveland should have that concern too."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...s-cleveland-cavaliers-not-best-bet-kevin-love[/rquoter]

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah because when you explain that you were contesting a shot you are smiling like an idiot? Not sure if he was doing a high five or not but its more believable because you can see him smiling, I've never seen a guy explaining about contesting a shot and smiling like that LMAO.

Do you have source on this or are you just pulling it out of your ass? If you don't have an actual source I like how you seem so authoritative but then you're just assuming like everyone else.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you watched the actual game and the entire sequence this came from you wouldn't even need to question it. it's an edited clip. judging by your comments you surely didn't and pretty much fell for what social media baited for which was a simple laugh.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

The deal didn't have to be Love for Wiggins. If they wanted Love they could've had him for Waiters or whoever, Minny had no leverage at all because once Lebron said he wanted Love in Cleveland Love basically said he'll only sign with the Cavs.

Even if you didn't know GSW would blow up trading a number 1 pick for a guy who would be coming to your team anyway is just a bad idea, especially when you had capspace to sign another max guy apart from Lebron and still keep your no 1 pick around. There's no hind sight here even when the trade was being made I said they were wasting Wiggins' value on the market by trading him for a guy who said he will only sign long term with the Cavs.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

that fact that you consider that a smile is just dumb