1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs: Wiggins or Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by professorjay, Jul 17, 2014.

?

Keep Andrew Wiggins or trade for Kevin Love?

1. Keep Andrew Wiggins

112 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Trade Wiggins for Kevin Love

120 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Since Irving/Love/Lebron gives you the best core in the league, I'd do it. I love the idea of having Wiggins locked into a rookie deal and being able to add a max FA next season, but we know how that can go...

Best core in the league. If you can lock that in, don't gamble. But I'm not trading much other than Wiggins for Love. They aren't pillaging my picks AND getting Wiggins. It's one or the other.

The east isn't ready for Love. They still think David West is an elite PF in the east. They have no idea...

2. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I hallucinate that the unspoken condition of LBJ's 2 year deal is that the Cavs have about 12 months to start putting together a roster that he likes.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Where do you and Daryl buy the weed?

4. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

The worst case scenario in doing this trade is that Wiggins becomes a star player

...which Love already is.

So, at best, you get a star for a young prospect. At worst, you trade a young star SF (when you already have the best SF in the world and an all star PG) for a star PF.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

of course Love....the dude is proven and he's just 25!! He's good for the next 7-8 years.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Love. No question.

The chances of Wiggins developing into a player like Lebron in 7 some odd years are slim.

Also, with one of the top 5 players all time on your team..you need to do EVERYTHING to win now (especially with the history of the last breakup..)

8. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I would do it in a heartbeat , Lebron is still in his unreal prime. Go for titles , multiple 'chips.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Gotta trade for Love. Kevin's game fits Lebron perfectly, and he can't wait for Wiggins to develop, which most likely will take 3 years.

Cavs with Lebron/Love/Irving will be a more offensive minded version fo the Heat's big 3, with less defense.

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

From me...

11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Future vs now, Potential vs sure thing and finally Wiggins plays the same position as Lebron.

Unless Lebron plays SG, I do see limited minutes for Wiggins.

Go for Love.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would keep wiggins and sign another player next year if love doesn't want to come over.

Wiggins and Kyrie could stretch out 7 more years with lebron being 37 and still playing like Duncan.

It's just too good to pass up on wiggins.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Kevin Love is 25.

Put up 26/13/4 last year.

If you want to stretch 7 years, Love would be 32 by them, which would still be in his prime.

Lebron is a one in a generation type of player. You play to win every year.

14. areyouserious

areyouserious Member

Can they keep both and trade Kyrie?? Haha. I know that's never gonna happen, but I'd rather have wiggins than kyrie.

15. Oracle

Oracle Member

Me too.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Just keep Wiggins and still try to get Love. Bennett is a better asset than anything the Wolves have been offered. And the Cavs can add a bunch of picks, Waiters, Thompson. What's the rush to offer Wiggins. Wait a couple months, and the Wolves will probably take Bennett + pieces.

If they don't, the Cavs can still try to sign Love next summer.

17. MD_in_Training

That's not much different from the Cavs making the Finals and Love wanting to sign with them to put them over the edge.

I don't think anyone can disagree that Love is a great option for a win-now team. If Love was locked away in Minny for another 5 years, then I would say trade now. The problem here is that you can have your cake and eat it too. Wiggins is FAR too valuable to throw away for a player that you can just sign outright next year. Even if Love doesn't sign with CLE, you can still swing Wiggins for half of the Allstars in the league.

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

LeBron can play PG, SG, SF, PF. He's mainly been the PF in Miami. Positions don't matter. You are what you defend, and LeBron can defend 4 positions and even front centers if necessary. As he declines, he'll probably focus on defending slower SFs and PFs more and more. Wiggins looks like he will be a fantastic defender as well and will be able to defend multiple positions.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The real question is . .. . . HOW CAN THE ROCKETS GET IN ON THIS??

Do they need a third team . . .. .

We'll take wiggins. . and give minnesota a bunch of picks are other stuff

Rocket River
    smile

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Keep Wiggins. For one, I'm not convinced that the Cavs can't trade for Love without including Wiggins. They've got other assets. Any offer with Wiggins more than blows out any other offer Minn is fielding. You don't need to overpay. For two, Lebron might be 30 now, but he can wait 1 year for the roster to get figured out. Let Wiggins get some minutes in so you know what you have. He could blow up Year 1. And three, you can always take a shot at Love in free agency.