1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs Sign Kyle Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 13, 2010.

?

Should the Rockets match the Cavs offer (4 years, $24 million) for Kyle Lowry?

1. YES

712 vote(s)
    76.6%
  2. NO

217 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lowry is a run and gun player who plays good defense. He's nothing special in a half court offense, and we're going to be running a lot more half court sets with Yao. That's why he can't start for this team.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

So do you have any other reasons why we struggled when Lowry went out? (I don't have the record in front of me, but our bench and our hustle dipped noticeably when Kyle was out).

Where do you get Lowry against scrub d-league guy? The crop of PGs available right now with NBA experience is slim pickings. Please name some available PGs that can be had cheaper and yet with the same or better skillset than Lowry. I'm curious of what your suggestions are.

And when you say no one, I think you are referring to the average joe Rockets fan. Well there were a few here that immediately said after we got him that we got the better end of the trade (kinda elementary though when you get rid of Rafer).

So at the end of it all, if Morey matches, then that should be an indication that other options available at this time is not as good as matching Cavs offer. That we should know.

3. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

We have like 7 days to match, right? I say we sit and wait until the very last minute that match the offer.

Need to punish those suckers trying to mess up our core players!

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well, if the reports are accurate then we pretty much have to match. The offer isn't exorbitant enough to let Lowry walk for nothing. He's a very good change of pace backup point guard.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

When Lowry is in the game, we are running.....period.

6. Tornadoofsoul6

Anyone have that article snippet which stated that Morey is going to wait until the last second to match an offer to leave the other team high and dry?

7. Cleepy

Cleepy Member

I think we struggled because we didn't have anyone else to give Brooks significant time to rest. Not taking anything away from Lowry, he does lead by example.

And I think Ramon Sessions is suitable and his game game is similar to Lowry's

8. SunsRocketsfan

it does seem like a lot of money but if you think about it. Battier makes more and so does crappy Jefferies.. also the lakers offered crappy Steve Blake 4 years 16 million.. Lowry is definitely worth 2 mil more a season than Steve Blake..

9. Cleepy

Cleepy Member

Having Lowry in the game with Yao is counterproductive, his defender will slack off to double Yao.

Blake has consistent range and would punish players who leave him open

10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

It might be a lot for a backup, but he's a pretty important part of the team, and it's hard to see them finding a replacement who would be as effective in that role. Lowry does things the right way. He fits. Sign him.

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Cavs are interested in Lowry, and have shown interest in Ariza. Too bad I don't want one player on their roster.

12. mms

mms Member

Why is Sessions mentioned multiple time in this thread? Is TWolf moving him for cheap or what?

13. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

How did they get the cap room for this??

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Every team has a mid level exception worth around $6 million each year.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Not true. We should be able to get to the penalty earlier in the quarter.

DM has stated that he likes the idea of Yao, Martin, & Lowry playing together bc of this very reason.

16. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Sorry, I thought it was the Heat that offered.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hate to see us lose Kyle, 6 million per isn't that bad though.

I say match it unless we can trade for someone like sessions.

18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Looks like Lowry did indeed sign the offer sheet! FML

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7107311.html

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Sessions is good but personally I like Lowry more. The salaries would be about the same but we would have to trade someone to get Sessions...or we can just match the Cavs offer.

And AB may have been overworked, but I personally thought we missed Lowry's hustle and uptempo change of pace. He pushes the ball and makes things happen.

20. redao

redao Member

Dont match it.
    Lowry wont be happy to be on the bench forever.
    Rockets wont be happy to have a $6M backup PG who cannot shoot.