1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs open to trading Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DM'sVP, Dec 6, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cavs dont wanna pay him his salary in full thats why he doesnt want a buy out. He would have agreed to that already otherwise.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I literally explained it in my post

Dolan is 1 of the worst owners in sports, so not sure what you’re talking about…I don’t base decisions on what he did or did not do

no one on this board is calling Dolan or Dan Gilbert the GOAT owners…sorry, but I’m not interested in strawman arguments

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah you explained the reason why you want Wall gone but from an owner's standpoint they wont pay 82M just so KPJ or Green wont come off the bench. Thats not really something that would receive strong consideration that's half of his super yacht already.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

ok

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Acting like the league operates the same as it did in the 90's is laughable and we all know it. You did not have nearly the player movement to big markets on a yearly basis as you do now. It is boring.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Love's also 31 mil instead of 41 million. Rubio's contract expires at the end of this season as well. Love is someone who has also had mental issues of his own but has ways to cope with it. Despite everything the man struggles with he has done well for himself. I don't see Kevin Love as someone that would tarnish the young players.
    The honest question is what's in it for Cleveland besides getting House. I'm just hoping they want House enough to take Wall as well.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Your quote is about front runners being boring at least there's like 3-4 good teams now during MJ's time there was nobody but them it aint even a frontrunner it was an only runner. I think you're just looking at things from rose tinted glasses.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah and Wall has also done well for himself and guess what he doesnt have mental issues to begin with. Like why even take that risk when you dont need to? Saving Tillman 10M does nothing the Rox want to suck just stick with Tank Commander.for 2 more years and maybe you end up with Banchero.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

MJ wasn't hopping to different teams left and right. That's what's boring.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not tank another 5 years after that? imagine all the assets? wow

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

These guys arent hopping from diff teams left and right they went from their old team to 1 team either brooklyn, Clippers or Lakers. Changing their team 1 time makes it boring? I dont even know how change makes something boring you make zero sense already. Just admit you were wrong with your original premise that all these front running makes it boring cuz the NBA has always been about the front runners.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cuz rookie contracts would be up in 5 years and you'd have to lose your current crop of guys if you still want to tank.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

What part of Wall's game do you honestly want rubbed off on to these new young guards. We definitely don't want him to teach green or kpj basketball iq. We really really don't want Wall to teach them how to shoot.
    Also rubio's contract is 17 mil coming off the books compared to just whatever mil coming from house's contract who we don't need. I think sengun and garuba are going to need at least two years to be effective in the NBA but we'll see.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The obvious answer is stop when Wall's contract goes away (and you can sign a free agent at a position of need), when the rookies we just drafted are going into their 3rd season, and when we have to start giving draft picks to the Thunder again.

Very obvious answer there. I truly think Green has a good chance of being great down the road. If you could somehow hit on a PF/C or SF superstar to go with him this team will be fun to watch for a decade.

roslolian likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

People just need to ask if they'd rsther have KD (2nd), Harden (3rd) and WB (4rth) or Patterson (14th), Marcus Morris (15th) and Sam Dekker (18th)

Every year people complain about the Rox not having talent but when opportunity is there to tank for pics they wanna make the playoffs and get trounced in the 1st round smh. Picking in the lotto doesnt guarantee you get a franchise player but at least you get better odds than picking at 18th or w/e after making a playoff appearance and getting destroyed in the first round.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Love for Simmons?
    Darryl would never do that

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

youre taking a beautifull game of skill and making it into game of chance? lolololol
    hurraayyyy lets tank 10 years in a row! imagine the odds

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this team is already fun to watch

so theres no guarantee all the losing will win you a title?

your stance is all about not being able to be happy right now and the allure and promise of the brighter future is the only way you can enjoy the present moment

when that future comes i bet you any money youll not be satisfied with the team...because hapiness is a habit....it wont be fun and youll still want to win it all....and the next draft will be too good to not want to lose another year to get the newest gems

theres no guarantee youll be able to sign a free agent...theres no guarantee for these curent young players to become anything significant...its highly questionable that whoever you draft by tanking another couple of years will become good players...

so let me ask you again why not tank for another 5 years or ten years even! lolololol

peleincubus likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The answer is only the next 2 seasons (much more this one then the next even) before the picks start conveying.

Regardless I would bet the Rockets will have the lowest experienced team when dividing minutes played in career/minutes played. Minutes played/ age. Minutes played/total games started In their careers.

I also don’t believe they want to pay Wood the max while he pumps he stats on a mediocre to bad and/or because of playing on a inexperienced team.

I’ll be pulling for the team to lose the whole year. But I’ll be happy no matter what because it is just sports.

If you want to really see me happy though you will see me being that if my son makes the Austin FC youth team in soccer that he is trying out for.

In all seriousness there is no reason for either you or I should be defensive about a strategy we think is best. Even if you or I think Ryan Anderson and/or Kelvin Cato had good value contracts we can be pleasant about it ;)

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

How about:

Rockets get: Kevin Love
    Ricky Rubio (immediate Buyout)

Cavs get: John Wall

rockbox likes this.