1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Caution... Morey's Biggest Calamities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CincyRocket, Feb 22, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We've yet to pay for T-Will and if we do it will be a late pick because we'll be in the playoffs

We got Marcus Camby for Thabeet and Flynn who both cost nothing and came with draft picks from MEM and MIN

We got Hill for the corpse of McGrady and turned him into a pick from the Lakers

I would say Morey did ok.

2. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The main thing is that none of those gambles was a "calamity". Failed gambles, but the long term negatives were minimal. Likewise, even if Robinson turns out to be a bust, losing Patterson isn't that big a deal. Honestly I expected one of the other forwards to bump him out of the starting rotation at some point anyway.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

james harden
    chandler parsons
    omer asik

the three best values in the nba on one team

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Not saying a #14 pick is great but Morey seems to have an uncanny ability to pick diamonds in the rough (2nd rounders) and is bad at translating that evaluating ability to the higher picks in the draft. I believe he was willing to fold everything for Rubio at one point, someone I still believed to be extremely overhyped.

5. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

HAHAHA
    Jordon Hill was in the T-mac trade so lost nothing there
    Thabeet What did we give up for him?
    T-Will well that was a bad trade but was not horrid. Just a 1st that will be what 15-20 not horrible but is bad
    Not sure what we gave up for Flynn but I think he was salary filler.

Yes Morey has made moves but they have not killed us or handicapped us. Every move he has made all led up to Harden all the while keeping a competitive team.
    Patterson was not a big loss because he is what he is but T-Rob is still project to work with and a better assist.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Caution...OP's most calamitously silly thread behind

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

When I see posts like the OP, I kinda get sad that they can't derive enjoyment from the "NBA game" like I am. IE appreciating not just the product on the court, but also the GM'ing and cap game.

I guess the OP honestly thinks we went out and traded for Thabeet because we thought he was a good player.

8. bongman

bongman Member

A lot has been said about getting DMO (maybe TJ) more playing time. His future value to this team should also be factored in when looking at this trade

9. Pringles

Pringles Member

The only trade that was even close to being a very costly mistake was the T-Will trade.

Besides that, Jermaine Taylor and Joey Dorsey were busts, but at the same time, Chandler Parson was a huge huge steal.

10. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

wut do u not undurstand about goin 4 a championship............hi risk hi rewards........

11. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

that 09 draft ended up being absolutey terrible outside of blake and harden.. the 2012 draft already seems more promosing with the level of talent taken 1-9....

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I hate that people are saying that T-Rob is a bust. He's hardly played, so how does that make him a bust? Because the incompetent Kings organization doesn't play him he's automatically a bust? That's dumb as hell.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Holiday?

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Steph Curry, Jrue Holiday, Jordan Hill has been very important for the Lakers, Hansbrough has been an important role player, Gerald Henderson, Earl Clark, Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, Taj Gibson, Chase Budinger, Danny Green, Nando De Colo, Patrick Beverly, Jodie Meeks, Dejuan Blair, Toney Douglas, Wayne Ellington

The 2009 draft actually produced a lot of serviceable players.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

The only proper evaluation that should be done can't be done till after this season is over at a minimum. It's no secret that the entire Kings organization is messed up, so Im gonna treat this kid like we drafted him and for unknown reasons he hasnt been available to us till now.

If he ends up in the Valley, we at least can compare him to other known commodities the Rockets have that have RGV experience. If he starts getting time with the Rockets, well of course we will evaluate based on that.

The thing we are all going to have to remember is that as a rookie, he isnt going to show us what he can be just yet, so patience is necessary.

Clutch already warned you personally about this in the other thread, I would advise you to take that warning seriously. We know you dont really type/speak that way...your old posts show this....so drop this act and start typing so people can understand you or Clutch will make that decision for you.

in case you missed it...... http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7662730&postcount=68

1 person likes this.
  16. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

I can't believe OP thought Morey actually wanted Thabeet and Flynn.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I think there was another member a while back that used to pretend to have broken english, KillBillPana, and he got banned right?

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

KillBill was OHMSS who is now RocketBooster

HE promised Clutch he would behave so he is still a probationary member.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The only deal that Morey has ever made that set us back in any way was T-will, and that was a mid-first round pick (which has a low percentage of being much more than a bench player anyway).

Everything else has ended up in a net gain for the Rockets, and eventually when you have enough money (cap room) and commodities you are going to cash in, which is precisely what he did with Harden.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Oh wow :eek: