1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cato is AWESOME !!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 27, 2003.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I love the way Kelvin is playing these days, he is playing good hard nosed enforcer style defense.

I don't know why he and Yao are not on the floor together.

Shaq would not have won the game if he was being doubled by Yao and Cato in the 4th quarter.

I don't know why our coaches can not think outside the box and get Yao and Cato on the floor together.

Yao is perfectly capable of making the lob pass to Cato on the weakside when doubled.

Tonight against San Antonio is a great time to play Cato and Yao.

Cato has become a very good role player and I wish other players showed as much passion as he does.

That hard foul on Kobe was AWESOME....get that Crap out of here you prima donna.

On the flip side.....the Kobe 3 at the end of the first half was pure BS...he jumped into Posey, that should have been an offensive foul.

DD

2. verse

verse Contributing Member

if i said anything else, i'd just be repeating what you said so perfcectly.

i agree 1000%.

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

grrrr!!! :mad: no freakin' edit function!!! grrr!!! :mad:

perfcectly = perfectly

:mad:

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree, especially with Griffin out for tonight's game against the Spurs. Mo Taylor and T-Mo will be covering Duncan? Yikes! Cato and Yao have to see some time together. No question.

5. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

When was the last time we saw a Rocket throw down a hard foul like Cato's on Kobe?

Waaaay too long.

Dirty? Yes.

But it's also playoff basketball.

Cato's playing great ... except when he shoots from more than 3 feet. What was up with Stevie dishing to Cato on the baseline down the stretch? Any time you give Cato the ball in a position where he has to create a shot, we're in trouble. :)

That small quibble aside, Cato has been great this year. Perfect backup center.

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

My question is why Larry Smith didn't play double team against Shaq yesterday.

When Yao got abused one on one again and again, Mr. Mean still didn't call double team all night long.

It was amazing.

I am sure if Cato and Yao were on the court at the same time and double teamed Shaq, it could be the different story.

Shaq and Kobe got 70pts , others are just crap, leave them alone and double team Shaq!!!!

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Cato's foul on Kobe was great. I just wish he would have pulled an Artest and swung at his head.

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

I didnt think the Cato foul was dirty at all. He went for the ball and threw is body into Kobe at the same time. Its not like he tried to take kobe's head off with his arms or tackle him.

IMO, that was a good, HARD, clean foul.

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

If we started Cato with Yao we might actually win the tip off every once in a while.

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Does anybody have the weather report for Hell? I think the temperature might have dipped recently. :)

11. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Here's something I HATE about Cato. Everytime he goes up against Shaq he practically drops to his knees and kisses his ass. Keep your eye on him whenver he checks into a game. It happens every freakin' time. Shaq is not his buddy. He is the enemy and should be treated as such.

12. Toast

Toast Member

Testify.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I loved Cato's foul on Kobe...

Classic, "not in my house"....

14. OrangeCountyCA

I am curious why the rockets do not run that pick and roll play with stevie and Cato more often. THe one that after the pick, Cato rolls towards the basket and steve just throws the ball near the rim and its a easy oop for Cato. It works everytime. We only did that once last night.

*Remember two years ago when cato had a career high like 28 pts. or so on dunks and plays like that?

15. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

teams catch on to that play pretty quickly...The Rockets only get to run it once or twice per game... It seems like Steve to Cato for the alley oop dunk always seems to be the Gallery Furniture immediate delivery of the game....

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Instead of giving some time to TMo in Griff's stead, how bout giving Cato some more minutes against SA?

hmmm?

I liked the foul as well.

17. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Classy post.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. This is Smith's chance to try something different. He's got a good excuse, if he feels like he needs one.

19. Beckman

Beckman Member

I liked the Cato foul. I don't think it was dirty.

While Kobe was at the line, ESPN showed Cato and Shaq out near mid-court and Cato was shaking his head, looked like he was complaining that it was not a flagrant, and Shaq looked like he agreed with Cato.

I think Kelvin was going to make a play on the ball, but Kobe jumped into him, and got crushed. I loved the 'floor-cam' angle they kept replaying.

20. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

Hell yeah, I loved seeing Cato enforce the lane.