1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cato in Summer league games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Miggidy Markell, Jul 14, 2001.

1. Miggidy Markell

Haven't heard anything on him yet, wat's happening with him? Has he even played a game yet?

------------------
    "Drexler wins the tip to Eddie Johnson........BAAAARRKKLEY! That's as high as I have seen Charlie jump, since about 1986" Comments made on a putback slam made by Charles in the 98 play-offs against Utah.

2. silent j

silent j Member

I read an article that said he was practicing with the squad but would see no game action. Sorry I don't have the link.
    j

------------------
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

3. Agent86

Agent86 Member

practice? isn't that what summer leauge is for?

------------------
    Agent

4. SMZ

SMZ Member

Man wuz up with the rockets can`t they force CATO to play if anyone needs to play it`s HIM.i`m sorry but dam cato don`t you want a ring dude?CATO and millions down the tube. CATO verses RAMBIS rambis wins CATO verses BOL bo wins dam cato you...

------------------

NEXT YEAR WILL KICK THA SON OF A B**** DOWN ... ... ...

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

According to the Chronicle he wasn't expected to play, so I doubt you'll see him in the next game or the game after that. Why he's on the roster I have no idea.

------------------
    "I'll tell you this, the older I get, the less I trust people. It's true. It's damn true." -- gr8-1 going through some growing pains.

6. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

Cato does not need to play, they already know he would Slack harded in a summer league game!

7. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

I have not seen him play yet in the first two games or seen him on the bench. Hopefully he'll play in the next game, the rockets could really use him at center since J. Collier got dunked on twice in the first game really hard dunks that knocked him around, I felt bad for him.

------------------

8. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Member

No, Cato only "practicing with squad."

Of all people, he needs to be out there! Guess I just don't get it.

:confused

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just read at NBA.com that he's not going to be at the Rocky Mountain Revue, either, so that's that.

I'm sure he's getting it all together for a great showing this season! Yay team!

------------------
    "I'll tell you this, the older I get, the less I trust people. It's true. It's damn true." -- gr8-1 going through some growing pains.

10. Eddie Griffen

Eddie Griffen Member

Maybe the Rockets are gonna trade Cato and don't want his trade value to go down in these summer league games. wut do ya think?

------------------

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Eddie Griffen--I sure do hope that's YOUR name, because it definitely isn't the name of any Rockets player.

Eddie GRIFFIN is the Rockets' rookie stud.

Eddie GRIFFEN is probably that scrawny comedian on UPN's smash hit "Malcolm and Eddie," but I could be wrong. His name might be Griffin, too.

------------------

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

http://www.eddiegriffen.com/

...tragic

------------------

13. Miggidy Markell

LOL! Poor Eddie! How insulted would you be to have your own fans spell your name wrong? If his name was Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf then I could understand. But Eddie Griffin?? Unbelievable! Anyway, back to the topic. What do you think is going through Rudy n CD's heads rite now? Cato is a salary problem but if we loose him we could be in some trouble finding someone who can play the 5 spot, run the floor and fit in with a better salary. I will actually be abit surprised to see Cato moved. But why Cato is not playing in the Summer League games and the Rocky Moutain Revue is a mystery. You would think they would let him have abit of a run with the younger guys and see how he'd work. Oh well, can't wait for 2001/'02 to start!

------------------
    "Drexler wins the tip to Eddie Johnson........BAAAARRKKLEY! That's as high as I have seen Charlie jump, since about 1986" Comments made on a putback slam made by Charles in the 98 play-offs against Utah.

14. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Member

I've got a hunch that a trade involving Cato and perhaps Walt or others is lurking, and they don't want to risk another phantom injury. They're just evaluating Griffin, Morris, Langhi etc prior to pulling trigger.

o/w it makes no damn sense. Cato, the slacker, needs hard-nosed practice and games with ANYONE more than anyone on this team. Because of lingering injuries like hangnails and runny noses he's played very little the last couple of years. [​IMG]

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Member

y'all, I posted this somewhere else as well but I heard that when the Rockets asked Cato to play in the SL, he didn't show up. That is why he is "practicing" with the team instead of playing in the games.

------------------
    Stevierebel