1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cat says Rigadeau is "Garbage"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MC Welk, Jan 23, 2003.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

:D

....and R0ckets03, just because racist comments have been made towards you doesn't mean you are right to make xenophobic (not racist, I give you that) comments towards others. Grow up, man.

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

I think what Cat meant to say was:

"I've read Victor Hugo"
    "You, Rigadieu, are no Hugo"

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why are you quoting me? I actually agree with everything you say. :)

4. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Maybe Rigadeau can't dribble but I bet he can pass which is something Caturnover still hasn't figured out how to do. At least Rigadeau has an excuse since he's a rookie, what's Caturnover's excuse?

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You are so clever with the "Caturnover" label. Did you come up with that all by yourself? Why dont you back up your stupid posts with some actual stats?

6. Possum

Possum Member

WRONG!! Cat is a really good streetballer, not a basketball player.:p

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

So, calling another person "a great point forward" and making star-like projections for his role on Dallas is ok in your book.

So, SJC, since there is a disconnect in what interests me and you in this thread, could you find it in yourself to move on to the people who are "defending" Mobley. I'm interested in continuing to examine the Rigadeau hype, because from Nachbar's comments and other evidence I've seen, I don't think he has a chance in hell living up to his hype to be a point forward to run Dallas' offense when they have Finley and Van Exel to share those duties with Nash.

8. verse

verse Contributing Member

well, i seriously doubt rigadeau will be more gar-bage that shandn andersn...that's for sure!

9. heypartner

hehe, a Mavs fan trying to paint a silver lining.

<b>journalist</b>: So, BanginScrew, what do you think of the new Euro player.

<b>BanginScrew</b>: Like Cat and Nachbar said, all we saw was "a player whose career is probably coming to an end" "miss a whole bunch of shots," and maybe he can't dribble, but I bet he can pass. I wouldn't call him "garbage" just yet.

10. feishen

feishen Member

Right on.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Usually, I defend Francis and Mobley when they talk some trash. But this time, I'll take my own countrymen over Mobley. Go Rigadeau! Make Cat shut his damn mouth!

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Did someone say "pass the Rigadeauni"?
    [​IMG]
    How can anyone argue with that?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, even if it is incorrect, it's not the same thing as calling someone "garbage".

If you cannot see the difference between hyping someone up too much and calling someone "garbage" and implicitly saying "why hire a FOREIGN piece of garbage when you could have had the same in an American version" - and you are equating these things by asking me this question in response to what I said - then I cannot help you.

Rigaudeau (I don't think I have seen his name spelled correctly in this thread yet, by the way) will not have a big role on the Mavs (unless they suddenly have as many injuries as, let's say, Toronto), they have so much talent and he is joining them in the middle of the season. I think he will get 15-20 minutes at the most, probably less. That still doesn't make him "garbage".

One final thought, perhaps Cat just said "garbage" in response to the journalist's wording of the question - and did not mean Rigaudeau himself? That is what I would say to clarify it if I were Cuttino. In dubio pro Cat, I guess :).

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

B-Bob, it's your fault that I am hungry now :mad: ;).

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

HP,

I think you are overreacting to the overhype. Qyntel Woods was overhyped. Yao Ming was (still is) overhyped. LeBron James is overhyped. So what? Why are you so upset? As long as our management makes sound personnel decisions, that's what's important for a Rockets fan.

If the player lives up to the hype, good for him. If not, it'll be forgotten pretty fast. Look at Qyntel.

On the other hand, saying dumb things to the media will not be forgotten that easily. It usually will come back and haunt you. You should be more concerned about that as a Rockets fan.

16. heypartner

SJC,

<i>and you are equating these things by asking me this question in response to what I said - then I cannot help you. </i>

Have you ever been in a conversation with someone who wasn't talking about what you were talking about? Dude, I was asking you a purposesly inequatable question to try to slap it into your head that your rhetorical question didn't interest me, and has nothing to do with what I'm discussing in this thread.

There is a fork in the road of this thread. I chose to respond in this thread about Rigaudeau's hype is annoying, and why is the journalist even asking opponents about his lame debut, like he's a top 10 draft pick. You chose a path down a road asking Mobley for an apology.

It is not xenophobic for me to be annoyed by a journalist asking about a lame ass 11 minute 1-8 debut by a 31 yr old. You don't see Feigen running over to the Mavs lockerroom asking Finley and Nash about Nachbar's 1-4 performance in his 17 minutes.

:rolleyes:

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Easy just explained it. You are just not getting it. That's fine.

18. Bookit

Bookit Member

LOL. I challenge you to find that quote and post it here. I have listened to Donny and Nellie and both said he would be a "point forward and a poor man's John Havilcek" Never was it said that he is a "great point forward" . Show us where Nellie made "star-like projections".

19. heypartner

Easy,

I don't agree with you that Yao is overhyped or Lebron James is. imo, there is a difference between potential being overhyped versus a celebrity being overexposed. And Woods potential is no longer hyped. I also don't agree with your interpretation of me being "upset." Media hyping someone's star potential annoys me.

As for the comment that I should be mad at Mobley for jeopardizing the team's success. Let me take a deep breath .... D a m m i t Mobley!!!!!! Quit embarrassing me in front of Mavs fans on this bbs, and giving Rigaudeau a reason to learn how to dribble in his old age and school your ass.

is that better

20. heypartner

The lame response of someone who doesn't get that I'm just not interested in your conversation.