1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cat says Rigadeau is "Garbage"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MC Welk, Jan 23, 2003.

1. MC Welk

MC Welk Member

but ESPN's Bucher cracks back:

"Garbage," guard Cuttino Mobley said. "He can't dribble. What did he show, that he could miss a whole bunch of shots? You could get an American to do that."

Bostjan Nachbar, having played against Rigaudeau in his European heyday, was more gracious. "He's a very smart player, more than an athlete," Nachbar said. "His offense is better than his defense. It's just a matter of how a player adjusts. I don't know for him. His career is probably coming to an end and he thought he'd try the NBA before it did."

Granted, all this is coming from a Rockets squad that had 26 turnovers while collecting eight assists in getting blown out by the Mavs, so their eye for basketball talent might be a little suspect.

PRETTY FUNNY. THE ROCKETS SURE DO RUN A LOT OF SMAK.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, Steve and Cat sure are working their hardest to make me ashamed to be a Rockets fan. Someone needs to tell them to shut the hell up.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh, how dare you criticize them! Love them! Cuddle with them! Enjoy their faults! Be a real fan! Why all the negativity? Here, have some flowers, Raven Lunatic, from a happy Rockets fan to a widdle bitty unhappy fan.
    [​IMG]
    Now... where's that big Rockets smile?

4. Toast

Toast Member

Well, hell, I couldn't PAY an NBA team to get a roster spot on their squad, and I talk smack about the Mavs. It's a rivalry. Instead of ripping our guys for adding fuel to the fire, why don't you show up to the game when the Mavs come to town and do some of the talking for them?

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, so far he's 1-8 from the field and has clanked both his three pointers...the truth hurts...

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why...B-Bob. You have awaked the ghost of Rockets spirit in me. Those flowers...they...there are no words...I even love Keith Jones now. Please Cat and Steve, adorn mine ears with your nectar sweet prose! I thirst for words from a Rocket! I want to live!

Thank you, B-Bob. Thank you.

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

you think you have it bad? then think what us blazer fans go through. we have ragesheed who likes to who likes to run he's mouth at the refs left and right or bonzi who says i could care less about the fans or ruben i love to rape young girls patterson. my blazers make the rockets look like a bunch of kindergarden thugs;)

8. drapg

drapg Member

It was this sentence that bothered me in his quote:

"You could get an American to do that"

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I second that. I never thought Cat was a classless guy. But this quote is just too much.

drapg, that sentence was also what bothered me most. What will Boki and Ming think of Mobley now?

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

So Cat and Francis talk a little smack. WTF cares?!?! I say screw the Spurs and Mavs.

We will be kicking both their asses thoroughly in about two years and their wont be anything they can do about it.

11. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

Truth or not, it doesn't look good to be viewed as arrogant. Luckily we still have Mr. Humility wearing a Rockets uniform.

12. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

It's better to be good and be loved than to be good and be hated.

13. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Seems to me that Caturnover should be more concerned with his lack of desire to pass the ball. What good is being able to dribble if you are consistently dribbling into double teams.

Rigadeau will be more than ok. He's only taken 8 shots in his entire NBA career. Didn't Yao Ming go his first two games without scoring a single point. Last I checked Yao Ming is doing pretty damn good.

Hey Caturnover, what did that scoreboard say again at the end of the last Mavs/Rockets game?

14. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

The truth hurts after 1-2 games? Give me a break. Cat just sounds a little xenophobic to me...

STuart

15. R0ckets03

Funny how some of you will actually turn on our own players to protect some Euro ass.

16. verse

verse Contributing Member

it's not protecting some Euro ass, it's just an innate hatred for cat mobley...

17. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Nah, I turned on Cat when I found out he doesn't pass the ball and makes idiotic turnovers. No, specifically, this hating on another player from another country is just the icing on the cake.

STuart

18. R0ckets03

Cuttino-- 2.5 TO, 3.0 Ast, 15.66 SAPG (shot attempts per game), 18.4 pts

Finley -- 1.75 TO, 2.9 Ast, 18.0 SAPG, 19.5 pts

R. Allen -- 2.6 TO, 3.3 Ast, 17.34 SAPG, 21.9 pts

Stack -- 2.84 TO, 4.6 Ast, 7.4 SAPG, 22.6 pts

All starts like Ray and Stack average more turnovers, Finley averages slightly less assists while taking 2.5 shots more per game.

Maybe dumbasses like you should look up some stats before opening that ****hole you call a mouth.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

btw: Rudy said that they brought Rigadeau in for a workout 3 years ago.

xenophobic?? I mean we have to hear all the Ginobili hype as ROY, and now Rigadeau is as good as Toni Kukoc and will be a point forward for the 2nd best team in the NBA. Garbage is exactly how I like to describe these Spurs and Mav scrubs, too. Is it xenophobia, or annoyance for being asked about a new role player after he had a lame debut. From Mobley's perspective (and many NBA players...didn't see Nachbar calling him the best or anything, just an over-the-hill player who wants to test himself), it's like, why the hell are you asking me about the opponents new role player?

I always like to remind people that Mirsad Turkan won the Euroleague MVP. He's smart, can shoot...blah blah blah. Let's sign him before Dallas gets him!!!! How about the cat-quick Tyus Edney leading Nachbar's Benetton team in scoring, so let's bring him in as a Parker-style replacement for Moochie. oooh, that's exciting. Or how about Lee Nailon tearing up the Euroleague at Milano and leading in scoring, so let's bring him in to replace Maurice. Boy, that will put us over the top.

Guys like Rigadeau can surely play in the NBA, but so can Wang Zhu Zhu, Matt Bullard, Tyus Edney, Lee Nailon, Mirsad Turkan, etc etc...The best Euros (and they are good) are already here or prepping to be drafted, but that doesn't mean their team captain is NBA material any more than Keith Smart (Cleveland's new coach) was...(but Rigadeau is really good and couldn't play because he was in a contract for over 10 years, :rolleyes: ) The media hype to build these old, veteran Euros into impact players just reeks of writing with an agenda. Media hype sucks in all its colors.

When the Kings signed the smart, experienced, NBA and NCAA Title winning Chucky Brown last year for their playoff drive...did anyone interview Kobe Bryant about that move?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is it just me, or does Cuttino think he is a really good basketball player?