1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cat Mobley disrepected by Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

2. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Next season Mobley will easily make the All-Star in the Eastern Conference.

On the other hand, Steve will squeeze-by.

Mark my words !
    :D

3. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I haven't read through the entire threadso it might have already been said, but I would just like to point out that Juwan does indeed have Sam Mack's number (he was #5 at one point in his Rockets career)... :D

4. joolut

joolut Contributing Member

Yea, I can see really see Cat making All-Star in the East ahead of, um, Marbury, JKidd, Pierce, VC, BDiddy, D Wade, AI, Rip, and Michael Redd. He should have no problems getting into that game.

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Finally for once I agree with the thread police. ;)

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dudes,

I have come to terms that JUWAN is #5.
    here's a picture of NUMBER FIVE making friends with the Houston Community.
    [​IMG]

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You should replace Baron Davis (if I am correct in assuming that is who BDiddy is) with Francis, because the Hornets are coming out West.

8. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

What is up with all the Juwan bashing? The only guy he had down in the paint with him there was Hunter and Declerc. Playing with Yao, Juwan should get more open looks and more boards from all of those Yao rejections. And while I was one of Cat's first fans in Houston (I was giving him props after he hit his first 3 pointer), I guarantee you that I did not attend one game last season that he did not freeze Yao out of the offense a number of times.

On another note, give Juwan a chance. During the strike season, he played in the Gallery Furniture game. Afterwards, he was the ONLY player that cared enough about the fans to stop and sign autographs. I was probably 20th in line and he was still signing for everyone. That's says alot about the guy.

9. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I like Howard - and I think most Rocket fans like the idea of having someone at the 4 that will rebound AND score some points (even if he is not the second coming of Tim Duncan)

but the only real Jwuan basher is this tinman guy ... he just keeps going and going and going...

[​IMG]
    tinman sez.... Howard sux

10. leewaye

leewaye Member

number is some kind of symbol. 5 has no meaningful sense. dude, no need to complain about something too emotionally. Let's face the relity, saying goodbye to cat and sincerely welcoming juan H.
    maybe the guy will give us a big big surprise.:rolleyes:

11. joolut

joolut Contributing Member

You're right, good catch.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

The East Games will be exciting with all the guard matchups. The All Star Game will be awesome.

The Rockets will have 2 guaranteed All-Stars -Yao, McGrady.
    We will also have 2 WNBA All-Stars - Cheryl Swoopes, and Juwanaman Howard.

:)

13. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

tinman i believe everyone now knows you hate howard so can we let this thread die now

14. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Here's a picture of our newest Rocket attempting to hit his teammate on the head with a basketball.

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I know we're not supposed to insult others on this board, but I've had it with this joke- so what, Juwan Howard ain't the best player in the league. So, he's lousy on defense and he's been on losing teams. Are you going to seriously tell me he brings absolutely nothing to the table? C'mon, you're being ridiculous about a player who's now a member of your team. Is is really that hard to root for a player on the Rockets? Geez, the joke's not funny anymore. Give it up already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I cant believe this aint locked yet.

17. drago_ubc

drago_ubc Member

It's A Man Made Out of Tin

[​IMG]

"When a man's an empty kettle,
    He should be on his mettle,
    And yet I'm torn apart,
    Just because I'm presumin'
    That I could be kinda human,
    If I only had a heart!"

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Dandoritik:

I'm proud of this thread cause it shows that people do care about Cuttino and his legacy. He may be in a Magic uniform now, but we will not let his dedication be tarnished by the Rockets giving up his number to someone who is the exact opposite of Cuttino's stature.

There are tons of anti-Steve, anti-Cuttino threads and these guys played hard for our team. So I'm here to balance this out. I'm here to speak for all the Washington Wizards, Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic fans that had to witness such terrible basketball.

When I think of the Rockets, I think of the underdog, given a chance to rise to greatness. I think of Sam Cassell, Mario Elie, Vernon Maxwell, Carl Herrrera, hell even Scotty Brooks. These guys were gritty players that worked hard to win my respect.

I think Cuttino derserves to be in this league because he was loyal and worked hard on his game. So when his number is replaced by a player who has a history of tanking teams, then I'll speak for the ones who chose not to speak.

As for Howard, the Rockets have had trash players before and still won. As much as he was the Bubonic plague to his former teams, he will NEVER do what Scottie Pippen did to the Rockets. Pippen embarrassed the Rockets organization.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Wow this is impressive! Drago from Russia is part of Clutch BBS.
    You must not like Cuttino cause he's another Hero from PHILLY.

Dude you really messed up Apollo Creed!

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Well, you shouldn't really be proud of this thread because the large majority of it has nothing to do with Mobley. In fact, the majority of the posts are Rockets fans telling you to stop being so ridiculous about Juwan Howard.

Juwan Howard does not tank teams. He's played on lousy teams, and he's played on good teams. Calling Howard a Bubonic plague to his teams is as bad as calling Eddie Griffin a model citizen. OK, maybe J.H. doesn't work as hard as Mobley, but how is Juwan Howard not loyal? When I think of the Rockets, I also happen to think of Moses Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler, Otis Thorpe, Rudy Tomjanovich, Ralph Sampson, etc. Not exactly underdogs, are they?

I met Mobley at SRO with Dickerson when he was a rookie, and I've always liked and admired his game. However, being a fan of the Rockets, as much as I wish him well, he's with the Magic now, so he's on my 2nd favorite team, not my first.

And if Cuttino Mobley is in the position to make a game-winning shot against the Rockets next year and Juwan Howard is anywhere in the vicinity, I'm going to root like hell for Juwan to block his shot.