1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cat Mobley disrepected by Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

SHUT THE F-CK UP TINMAN!!! :mad:

YOU ARE ACTING STUPIDLY OVER THIS RIDICULOUS ISSUE.

DAMN!!!! :mad:

:rolleyes:

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FengWu,

How is this issue ridiculous? I think Cutino contributed ALOT to our team and he was there through all the phases. Keep in mind Cutino played in the playoffs when we had Barkley. He was always a good citizen and we THINK OF HIM as a Rocket (unlike Clyde)..

Trust me, I was really happy the Rockets got Clyde Drexler, but I dont think of him 1st a Rocket, I think of him a Blazer since he spent most of his career there. If you argue Clyde deserves his number retired than you can argue that Barkley deserves it. They both played about the same number of years plus Barkley would have played more if he didn't blow out his knee.

Also my argument is legit becuase:

a. Cutino is underrated and loyal to the Rockets, so deserves a little respect. At least as much respect as the Rockets give Steve.

b. If this were Steve's #3 given to Tyron Lue, someone who likes Steve would make a thread saying "we gave a scrub Steve's number"

c. Juwan Howard is a PROVEN loser. Look at the teams he has played on and look at their records. Orlando wanted to dump this guy's salary and crap play. Sure he averaged 14 7. This ain't fantasy bball. I would imagine the Rockets want a defensive minded PF. We already have Mo Taylor.

So FENWU. I don't know why you are so mad.

Why don't you go re-arange your furniture so the positive energy won't make you so angry. :D

3. RocketsFAN3035

Cat was my favorite Rocket player......

that being said, he is no longer a Rocket.

J Howard as worn #5 nearly his entire carrerr (it started at Michigan with the Fab 5, remember them?)

so why can't he have #5.........no one else on the Rockets has it

4. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i dont know if cuttino really cares, he is wearing #21 in orlando.. i miss cuttino :( in fact, im going to buy a magic jersey, a cutting mobley one!!! woohoo

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I agree, its just a number, but I dont like Juwan Howard trade him for another player, and i liked Mobley very much

6. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

14/7? :confused:

Heh...try 17ppg/7rpg.

And the reason that MoT not the same as Howard is because Howard can rebound 7 per game. MoT hasn't averaged above 6.5 rpg since the Clippers; it's been downhill ever since.

You want a defensive PF? At what offensive price? You want Cato back that can't hit a 15 footer? Howard is the best PF we can get at this time. If we could get Kmart, we would.

Hmmm, I guess you thought he's the kinda guy you would build a team around? Uh, not! I wish you would get this out of your head. He's not a franchise player. I think we know that by now. He's a good starting PF for teams that already have STARS! We do: McGrady/Yao.

#106 DavidS, Jul 3, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  7. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

why are all of you giving this tinman geek so much attention. He keeps starting anti-Howard threads and then running them into the ground.

If you use stats - he says "Howard can't cover Chucky Brown" - if you use the fact that teams keep sigining him so he must have SOME talent - he starts quoting fanstasy basketball assessments for next season

look dude - we ALL GET IT - you don't like Howard... but he's a ROCKET so you are just going to have to DEAL WITH IT

you can always go over to the Orlando board and love on your boy Mobley there (at least until he gets traded later this summer)

8. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Willis25,

I understand the Facts of Life and that we got Howard. If posting that I miss Cutino and that I don't think Howard is a good fit for the Rockets is bad, then I hope I didn't offend you, Arnold and Mr Drummond.

Willis,

I'm just expressing my opinion cause you know:

Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
    What might be right for you, may not be right for some.
    A man is born, he's a man of means.
    Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans.

But they got, Diff'rent Strokes.
    It takes, Diff'rent Strokes.
    It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

:D

9. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

10. superden

superden Contributing Member

haha this is pretty funny. mad props to tinman for sacrificing his time and effort for all the funny pictures he keeps putting up. i think somebody needs to retire his username... hahahaha

dude, grow up and get a life.

11. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

Okk....I've read some pretty dumb stuff in my life but this takes the cake. I congratulate you for that tinman.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I dunno...I know 3 people who think it is an...

[​IMG]

13. omax

omax Member

Thanks!
    :)

14. omax

omax Member

Dude, you are sad.

15. jshabang

jshabang Member

We have all takin this thread a little to serious in my opinion.....

I mean just look who we're arguin with

[​IMG]

A picture is worth a 1000 words

16. tinman

Supporting Member

This is quite obvious that most of you are Cuttino haters and that you are suckers to keep replying to this thread if you think its so dumb.
    :p
    Just like Cat Mobley #5, I invite you to my right with a smile, and cross you over going left to the hoop!

[​IMG]

Thanks to my celebrity posters to keep all you suckers interest:

thanks to Jshabangs aka William Hung
    thanks to Willis25 aka Todd Bridges
    thanks to Rule0001 aka You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.
    thanks to Juwan Howard for making helping Wizards and Nuggets to the Lottery.
    :D

17. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

If you Fellaz are gonna Start Resorting to cheaps shots and Personal Attacks, lets end it right here.:rolleyes:

18. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

Clutch..Please lock this thread. This has gone beyond stupid. I am a dumber man today for reading and contributing to this thread.

19. brooksstephens

wow!! is this thing locked yet??

20. brooksstephens