1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Casspi Interview with SportsTalk790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yostros99, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Two way, as in he can both run the floor, and sit on the bench. :)

2. kevC

kevC Member

Did he grow up here? He has excellent English. I tuned in in the middle of it and couldn't figure out who it was. Sounded like a black guy.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

e can play defense. He was a good defender in sacramento.

4. QazQay

QazQay Member

I hope so, because duncan loves the D

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

darn.... his to be ex wife knows best.
    he is draining that bank shot

6. xlr817

xlr817 Member

LOL! Well it's 2013!:p

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

he was pretty good in sac. which is surprising because no players are good in sac.

8. Oracle

Oracle Member

What I've been able to get out of various stats sites about Casspi's defense is actually very positive. He ranked at the top of the Cavs defensive performers. You might argue that it's not difficult in the Cavs, but the Rockets haven't been too strong in defense either.

I think he can still shoot the long ball around 40%. In the Cavs he got to take only 1-2 shots a game, which took him of his shooting groove. Last season in December, if my memory serves me right, he lead the NBA 3-point stats in percentage (around 60%). That's when Scott decided to bench him.

Based on the internet Casspi has been liked to some of the most beautiful girls in Israel including Bar Rafaeli.

I think he will turn out to be one of the best aquisitions the Rockets have done in value for the money.

9. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

I think it's a good acquisition for Houston and they basically doesn't risk themselves as well,Omri's salary isn't high and if he plays bad the team can cut him.
    As for Casspi I think this signing can pave his way back to what he showed he is capable to do in his Rookie season,I mean Houston fits Casspi's style of play like a glove,they run the floor,play fast,and with Dwight Howard in the paint there will be a lot of shooters surrounding him therefore,Casspi will be able to knock down open 3-pointers.
    It's sort of a win-win situation for both Casspi and Houston in my opinion.

10. Aleron

Aleron Member

i laughed at them saying he needs to get used to super hot summers. They do know where he comes from right? lol

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Casspi is a better attacker than Delfino...better at transition and i believe better defense. As far a shooting....i dunno. I think Delfino is better.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Member
    Supporting Member

I predict that Casspi's presence will incresas off-color Jewish/Yiddish humor in the GARM by a factor of 100 over the course of the next year.

13. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

I actually met him at the airport in Tel Aviv. He was a nice guy, hope he can contribute. We are really deep this year.

14. Oracle

Oracle Member

That's what I like in the present Rockets team. There are no ego-maniacs in the team and every player is ready to pour his guts on the floor every night. It's a very balanced team. Kevin McHale has the perfect eye to get it done. The Celtics (during his tenure) were never at Lakers level talent wise, but they got it done anyway.

I used to think that Dwight was a primadonna type of character, but I've changed my opinion totally. The guy talks right to the point, doesn't try to make excuses but want's the facts be on the table. Fair enough. It's windy at the his level. His every sentence will be scrutinized. It's not an easy situation and he handles it with grace.

15. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Yeah, he sounds like he has a bit of that NY/Jersey accent. You can just imagine Stallone in 'Rambo'.

16. bballjunkie281

Well, to be fair, Israel summers are hot but Houston is still hotter and even more humid. I'm from Israel, and when I lived in Houston I was a student so I was away for most of the summer, but the heat and humidity in late August/early September - dayummm... Loved the rest of the year, though.

17. bballjunkie281

Most Israelis can speak English at least well enough to hold a conversation, even if their grammar is not always great. Omri has been playing with American players since he was 17 and has been in the US for the last four years, so his accent probably adapted to the players he has been around.

18. yostros99

yostros99 Member

When I was in Israel in Late August it was damn hot there. Not many places with AC, so it was almost worse for me even though I am used to Houston summers.

19. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

You're right Israel is a very hot country,our summers here can be at times unbearable,the heat itself isn't that bad,I mean when I was in Vegas in the summer it was way hotter than in Israel but kinda liked it there because there was barely humidity, it was hot but I didn't find myself sweating.
    In Israel it's also hot and humid especially in places which are situated by the shores.

So I believe Casspi will adjust to the hot summers in Houston,I don't think there is anything to worry about when it comes to climate.

20. bballjunkie281

Yea, he should have no problem with the weather, especially since the NBA (including preseason) is October through (hopefully) June. Houston weather is pretty awesome in those months.