1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Casserly Gone...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Stevierebel, May 9, 2006.

1. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

From people in the media who know alot more than me, Charlie helped fascillitate (sp?) what they wanted to do. He helped with some negotiations, gave some input, but all the decisions were made by Kubiak and McNair, mostly Kubiak. I know that agents called Charlie and he referred them to Kubiak in answering the question if the Texans were interested. The draft is over, they didn't need him anymore and now he can get ready for his NFL job. With him leaving after the draft and most the free agent moves have been made, I am thinking my sources were correct about his minor role in this off-season.

You can believe what you want, but all the evidence of what happened supports the theory of a minor or reduced role for Charlie in this off-season.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you are so wrong, us fans b****ing about this have no right to criticize an organization that won all of 2 whole games last season. we are just whining.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I can't believe people argue that this guy should have had anything to do with this draft. but its not just about the draft, mcnair had a consultant brought in to decide if the guy should be here. he should have been gone.

I would really like to see another example of this in any pro franchise. I think ron wolf had a part of the greenbay draft before he left, but he had done a great job.

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Have you followed this offseason at all? It's been nothing like the other offseasons that the Texans had under Casserly. Say what you will about the first pick of the draft, but it is pretty obvious somebody else took over the reigns before this offseason started.

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

so what you're saying is it's all uphill from here? i sure hope this brilliant offseason translates to some wins next year. i don't want to get into a pissing contest, i just haven't been given a reason to believe in the texans since ever.

6. msn

msn Member

But we keep changing our mind mid-pace about how we think they should accomplish that. Additionally, it seems we've forgotten that until the abortion that was 2005 the team was improving every year and appeared to be on a pretty good track.

7. dskillz

I am not going to hate on Charlie totally. He along with Capers took us from nothing to something. Took us to a 7-9 record and then the bubble burst. It was time to move on. But I won't totally discount all the work that he did. But like most of success that Capers is involved in, it was short-lived.

8. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I won't be dancing naked in the streets until I get real confirmation of Chaz Casserole's overdue sh*tcanning. Profootballtalk.com is as bad as the freaking Enquirer. So, for now, the naked dance is on hold.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

hey, see, you don't keep a lame duck gm for a draft, see,

10. dskillz

I was just about to ask how reliable that site was.

11. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

You can speculate all you want. Bob McNair didn't get where he is today by making bad decisions. And you can say, "yeah, but this is football"....either way it's still a business. If he felt it would be better to keep Casserly around until after the draft, then I am a little inclined to trust his judgement.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he's rich, he's perfect, how could I be so wrong. dan snyder has done a great job with the redskins. again sometimes I wonder do you guys understand that the texans were the worst team in football last season. and they proved it in the last game.

excuse me if I will go ahead and say, "yeah but this is football"

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I fear all this thread has done, is to awaken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve.

14. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I'm devastated.

Charlie was awesome and everyone knows it deep down.

j/k

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

here's another problem with some of you guys' argument, how are you gonna let a first year head coach run his draft. some of you guys have really bought into the kubiak kool-aid. like if kubiack ran the draft, then it was definitely a good draft.

16. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

And? So what if they were the worst team last season. Congrats on coming to that conclusion. The bottom line is that most of us can accept that there was some sort of reason behind them not letting Casserly go until now. And, oddly enough we're ok with that. You, however, seem to be on some sort of a "The Texans Are A Bunch of Poo Poo Heads!" crusade.

Whine on, my friend. Whine on.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

if you are fine with being sheep.

bahahahaah on

----------------> :rolleyes:

18. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I hate the Texans. They are the reason why kids are starving in Nigeria.

19. msn

msn Member

This is BS. Accusing you of being on a "crusade" was also BS.

If we were all at the pub together, we wouldn't accuse one another of being crusaders or sheep. We'd disagree, laugh about it, and have another round.

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

You think they're going to win 2 games or less next year? I don't.