1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case to Trade up for Tari Eason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, May 19, 2022.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

trade the pick? With Chet or Jabari there? That’s crazy.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wilson Chandler would be Eason's floor.

Eason was the more prolific more efficient offensive player and his STOCKS are also considerably better.

Eason out performed Chandler in every counting or advanced stat, including TS%, FT% and 3P%.

Eason areas of improvement is TO and foul rate - but that also distinguishes the 2 as Eason is also the more aggressive more physical player.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=tari-eason--wilson-chandler

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't be a sucker Ra-fell!

I hope Patrick is keeping a close eye on him.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like his buddies Ja Morant and James Harden?

KingSamJack likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tell me it's happening! ;):D

pippendagimp likes this.
  6. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

JA was in the post season and got injured, I don't know if Harden has the time to teach KPJ anything he needs to work himself back into shape.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Or it may be the other way around. Putting two and two together, jabari never worked out in hou, Paolo never worked out in Orl, ch44 saying if Paolo isn't there at 3 we might trade down indicating Paolo is #1 on our board. It may have leaked that we have traded for the #1 pick...

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

can u pls show that whole post

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

pippendagimp likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Please do not put that stupidity into the aether!

If Stone traded UP to draft Paolo Banchero then he needs to be fired right now.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Now...if this was all a smokescreen by Stone to get the #1 pick and nab his true target then that would be the genius move of the century. If it's just to pick Paolo anyway when 99% he was going to drop to #3 and the other two guys are same tier...I dunno what to say

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

I never said I liked it, just what would make the most sense unless Stone is playing 4D chess and just played Orlando and okc...

If Stone did this while everyone excepted him to pick Paolo and he goes and steals Chet from okc that would be such a boss move

D-rock likes this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

I'm not saying chet >Paolo necessarily, but okc pretty clearly wants chet so you would have to respect the hustle if stone pulled that off. But if he did it for Paolo...no words

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Unless! Stone had intel that okc would take Paolo #2. But that seems unlikely given the smoke from woj and chet

D-rock likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

THIS is a great point by Nook and is very important. Stone being able to IDENTIFY these characteristics is huge moving forward.

16. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

This is one thing Stone has over Morey able to find the players that have that DOG in them.

17. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Branham to Rockets sounds like it's building momentum.

I think he's got a chance to be a solid player, but based on his size/skill set, it's hard to see him as the ideal running mate on the wing next to Green -- too much overlap in deficiencies (mediocre rebounder, limited bulk, needs work on defense). Still, if EG is on the move, you could imagine him in a bench scoring role alongside Josh Christopher.

D-rock and Denovo like this.
  18. ch44

ch44 Member

There are scenarios to package 17+26 and trade up, depending on how the draft shakes out, but I think it's more likely the Rockets trade 1 of the picks for a future first. Maybe even both of them depending on who is available. Not sure they want a roster filled with players on Rookie Contracts. Tilman might ;)

Richie_Rich, CXbby, Nook and 13 others like this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

We got our #ch44 bomb lol

D-rock likes this.
  20. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't see that happening - Orlando won't complete the trade until both the #1 and #3 are picked.