1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case to Trade up for Tari Eason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, May 19, 2022.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Been wanting him forever

Denovo and DaDakota like this.
  2. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

Forgot who it was, but I remember seeing Branham mentioned as a possibility for the Rockets but only if EG gets traded. Minutes are getting a little hard to find at the moment it seems. Josh Christopher to me is the 6th man/EG replacement.

r-fan-since-81 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Denovo likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have been linked to a number of guards going back to early in the college basketball season… I know they have had interest in Ty Washington, Jean Montero, Jaden Hardy and Blake Wesley at different points…Montero and Washington have been mentioned early in the season and now close to the draft.

So the Rockets are not positionally locked anywhere. They can and will play three guard sets at times and can find minutes. They can easily have Porter play the 1-3 and Green can play point some and already defends point guards better than shooting guards.

Everything is about match ups in the playoffs. So while the Rockets really need some long athletic wings, they have the luxury of taking best available players at this point.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

His ability to score easily translates.

Malaki Branham - will be a good NBA player.

DD

Denovo likes this.
  6. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Nook how do you feel about Paolo's work ethic?

he in the gym right now putting in work!

r-fan-since-81, Denovo and D-rock like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i agree he’s gonna be a very good offensive nba player. It’s just that he’s 6’4” without shoes. If he’s BPA at #17 I guess I’m okay taking him, but he shouldn’t be a move-up candidate in my opinion. I really think Christopher deserves a shot to be the 3rd guard in our rotation.

r-fan-since-81, Denovo and Milos like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

I will be very happy if the Rockets get Eason. He is long, high motor, quick hands and has really good length.

Everyone wants to compare him to Leonard, but I don’t think he has the anticipation or lateral movement Leonard does. That isn’t a knock on Eason, we are comparing him to possibly the best one on one defender in the NBA.

Eason has some Ron Artest to his game, he isn’t terribly refined mechanically and he hasn’t had great coaching like AJ Griffin or Holmgren. He has some dawg to him and isn’t afraid to do less glamorous parts of the game.

The player he is the most like is Wilson Chandler.

r-fan-since-81, Milos, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

I haven’t heard anything negative about his worth ethic or any off the court concerns other than the one issue with Coach K’s grandson.

I did see him not give great effort defensively and I saw him take plays off defensively, but he is very young. It’s something that could be a problem but a lot of 18-19 year olds improve their defensive effort.

The positive is that I have heard some say he has the “it” quality and thrives under pressure and on bigger stages. That’s huge if he really does have that quality.

One thing I will give Stone is he appears to be able to tell what these kids are made of and who is and isn’t a competitor.

If you look at Green, Sengun and Christopher they all are very competitive by nature and confident. It’s something that can’t be measured by analytics.

I expect Banchero to play hard and practice hard if the Rockets draft him. I don’t see anything that has me questioning his desire or work ethic.

I actually think all of the top 4 in this draft are hard workers and love basketball. Jabari Smith has worked very hard on his body and was in the weight room twice a day at Auburn. Chet Holmgren is an absolute gym rat and was the last guy off the court at Gonzaga practice. He would trash talk Timme to get him to work him in the post in practice. Banchero was the guy carrying the load at Duke with all those talented guys and he clearly improved his handle. Jayden Ivey would sit with his mom and break down tape for hours and returned for his sophomore year because he wanted to improve his jumper.

I’ll be excited for any of these guys from a work ethic stand point. Sengun and Green both are very hard workers. Green got a lot of attention for the extra work he put in with Weaver, Lucas and Silas - but Sengun was doing the same and really improved his body.

This is a hard working and competitive group. Hell the most competitive of the group may be Christopher who I expect to be noticeably improved.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Josh Christopher should watch a lot of Marcus Smart and try to be that type of player.

Christopher lacks great classic point guard vision and he isn’t a gifted shooter. However he is really strong, a plus athlete, has a good body, a mean streak and competitive.

Christopher has a lot of intensity and with focus and hard work that can go a long way.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

As you were typing this Paolo just became the favorite to go #1 at all major betting sites.

slothy420, D-rock and Nook like this.
  12. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

We don't have any good PG on the roster unless KPJ put in a lot of work this off season to be a better playmaker, and by that i mean i hope he trained with some of the best PG in the NBA who were not in the post season.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  13. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

You're worrying way to much Woj has never been wrong about the draft

14. Nook

Nook Member

Well maybe the tight lipped Magic leaked to the media they will take Banchero. It could also be a ploy to see if the Rockets will move up to #1 and the Magic get Smith at #3.

KingSamJack and D-rock like this.
  15. CXbby

CXbby Member

The amount of money required to move the lines this dramatically can only be because new information was leaked

D-rock likes this.
  16. Aruba77

A Sengun-Chet combo would be really interesting.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Chet is going to okc by all accounts

18. Aruba77

a Sengun - Jabari combo would be really interesting ;)

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Would be a terrific combo. But ch44 said we may trade the pick is Paolo isn't there

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He just tells us what he might have heard

Are you asking if he has heard about Williams? Wouldn't he have said so?

Personally I really see a LOT of potential in Branham - but (I don't remember the but)

It would be the best possible combo of the top 3 prospects.
    Jabari has that silky stroke and lock down perimeter D, perfect modern 4 in the NBA.

Paulo may have a higher ceiling though