1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case to Trade up for Tari Eason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, May 19, 2022.

1. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can Lionel Hollins replace Griffin's knees?

saleem and Nook like this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

would have no problem with drafting Ty Ty is we stayed at #17. It would validate his worth. Everyone is talking about wings but I would love to get a point guard out if this draft as well. Ty Ty or Chandler; even Terry and Jalen Williams can play the point. I think there’s some good talent in the middle of this draft.

fckbandwagons and Nook like this.
  3. Aruba77

it’s incredible what they can do with medical science now a days. Didn’t u see Robo Cop? But seriously I take your point. I guess I think it’s worth betting on the 18yr old knees. He is like the 2nd youngest player in the draft. But no doubt it’s a risk. This is where having a good medical team to advise is really important.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Fans typically want guys that fit roster as constructed now and want roster so that young players get all the minutes. I like Nix and want to see him get minutes to see if he's something or nothing. If Rockets draft a PG that is better, Nix can fight for time.

Draft BPA. Granted, if there is someone that fits, I'm for moving to point in draft for that player to be the BPA.

Edit: I'm not above wanting players that fit. If Rockets get Paolo, I expect there will be a lot of roster churn over the next year (i.e., more than the normal roster churn which is a lot).

5. Nook

Nook Member

Indeed.

He also said that he is very confident that Smith will go first, Holmgren second and Banchero third.

He also said that he believes some of the defensive concerns about Banchero are justified, but the Rockets are drafting third and they shouldn't over think it, take the best offensive player in this draft (Banchero).

He also said that he cannot see a frontline of Banchero and Sengun working in the playoffs. Zach Lowe seemed to agree.

Invisible Fan, Caesar, saleem and 6 others like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

I would really like a long, tall and athletic wing as well like Eason or Sochan or Dieng. It fits an obvious need and would bring size to the Rockets.

I guess I don't think that point guard is a settled long term proposition for the Rockets regardless of what Stone and the Rockets say about Porter or Nix. Remember a few weeks ago they were supposedly talking extension with Christian Wood.

I like Nix as a possible long term back up at the point guard position.

However going back to at least March or earlier I have had people say the Rockets were interested in Ty Ty Washington and Jean Montero.

I don't think the Rockets would be interested in them if they were sold on their point guard rotation.

7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

100%

saleem and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Damn he should rethink that when he get Victor

Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Then trade Nix.

Sure the next draft is guard heavy. How can you be sure a good guard is available, given the lottery odds system?

Is KPJ a good PG? Does he have a secured future given the locker room issues and volatility of personality?

Is Nix going to pan out?

If Tyty is underrated and much better than his draft stock indicates, you simply cannot let go the opportunity.

Aruba77 likes this.
  10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Agree with this, but there are some that freak out about any mention of Ivey because the Rockets already have plenty of short people. I personally would love a good PG or a wing. I don't see KPJ as the answer at PG as I think he would have an easier time to be a successful starting wing.

I will cheer for whoever the Rockets draft even if I think it is a mistake as I understand they have better knowledge than me on prospects.

xtruroyaltyx, saleem, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks for confirmation man!

Rockets need to trade up to ensure Eason is the pick.

RocketsTerps and saleem like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'd take either Liddell, Terry or Koloko before Beauchamp.

But neither of those guys are from Seattle unfortunately.

13. Aruba77

Any intel on what the Rockets think of AJ Griffin or other trade up candidates?

14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

No, we keep KPJ because he should average 20 points a game next year. Knick's coach do not want another rookie but a older player who can play DEFENSE like Tate

saleem and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

Reason asking if we really want Tari, Rockets has to trade up to get it. When it's for a pick, a centerpiece is more valuable than multiple mid pieces.

Maybe Tibs prefer older players, but KPJ is going into his 4th year, he's not exactly 'inexperienced'. Like the Clippers, Knicks desperately trying to fill the PG/Combo guard role, but anyways, thanks for answering.

D-rock likes this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No to Koloko. He's a useful big, but really not that good as a switchable defender. I like Liddell but we need a wing. Beauchamp at 17 is somewhat of a reach, but he’s a solid defender. Terry at 26 is fine with me.

17. Aruba77

it may be wishful thinking on my part but I really think Liddell can play the 3. I’d say he’s a 3/4. He is really athletic, excellent on defense, very capable of defending the perimeter and guards. He’s a good shooter. He can basically do everything. He lost a lot of weight and I think he can lose another 10. I’m glad Houston worked him out. He could be there at #26.

D-rock, r-fan-since-81 and red5rocket like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I actually like Tari Eason as a prospect but the fact that all of clutchfans is in love with him is really making think I've missed something.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  20. sydmill

sydmill Member

Just like the idea of KPJ-Jaygup-Beauchamp-Eason-Garuba lineups to put the clamps on while spelling Green and Banchero.

And, of course, the Seattle connection. The city of Seattle owes me for all of the illegal defense the sonics played on dream back in the day...

r-fan-since-81 likes this.