1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case Keenum to start vs. Jags

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SC1211, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Kimble14

Kimble14 Member

Probably not. The first tiebreaker is strength of schedule -- worse schedule getting a better pick. If Houston and Jacksonville are tied, the difference in strength of schedule will only depend on the games those teams played in the AFC East and North -- New England and Baltimore for Houston, Buffalo and Cleveland for Jacksonville. As of now (post-MNF), NE+Bal are 11-9, whereas Buf+Cle are 8-13. I'd be somewhere between surprised and shocked if the Jags' opponents make up 3.5 games to the Texans' over the rest of the season.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

Sounds like this decision is now out of Kubiak's hands.

And no, Case doesn't have the ability to call plays to escape blitzes.

3. solid

solid Member

Run for your life Case! OR, do what you got to do. Your sideline is apparently brain dead.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

How good was the GEEKY/NERDY cooch, though? :p I hope it was slimy and slippery and warm like apple pie! Ooops, that's the No Fap thread.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Which Quarter will he be yanked for Schuab?

Rocket River

6. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

I was wondering if anyone else caught that. 5 out of 56 career touchdowns have come from Keenum, so about 8.2%.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

:confused: 5 out of 56 is 8.9% .

But he has 61, so it's 5 out of 61 for 8.2% (still a high percentage, provided that they've only played three games together). :cool:

8. smr6

smr6 Member

Fun facts about Andre Johnson's TD stats over the past 3 years.

In 2011 Schaub played 4 games with Andre. Andre caught 2 TDs in those games.
    In 2012 Schaub played 18 games with Andre. Andre caught 4 TDs in those games.
    In 2013 Schaub played 6.5 games with Andre. Andre caught 0 TDs in those games.

In 2011 Yates played 7 games with Andre. Andre caught 1 TD in those games.
    In 2012 (Clean up duty not included as a game played) Yates played no games.
    In 2013 Yates (Clean up duty not included as a game played) played no games.

In 2013 Case Keenum has played 3.5 games with Andre. Andre has caught 5 TDs in those games.

Is it a wonder why Andre was upset? Keenum has thrown 1 less TD to Andre in 3.5 games than Schaub has in 28.5 games. Keenum+Yates have equaled Schaubs TDs to Andre in those games in only 10.5 combined games played.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Dre could have a double digit TD season

Rocket River

10. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Let's hope it can come to that, he more than anyone deserves it.

11. Stack24

Stack24 Member

That is the one thing that has not made sense to me all these years. How could your most talented guy not be targeted in the red zone and not have double digit TD's

He is an elite receiver and to get all those receptions and yards and no TD's is pathetic.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Keenum should ignore Kubiak and start calling plays. :grin: What can the Aggie do about it now that his feathers have been clipped? :grin:

13. sammy

sammy Member

Well, I think we finish with the #1 pick if we lose Sunday. We're not beating the Colts, Pats, Broncos, @ Tenn, @ Jax if we can't take care of the Jags at home. 2-14. Kubiak and Smith are goners.

How sweet it would be.

14. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

Wow. When you see the stats like that, you can't help but feel ashamed at what this franchise has done to his career. The Texans owe him a HUGE apology.

15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Yup, perhaps the biggest improvement from Schaub to Keenum was it freed Andre.

If Keenum has any time, or is able to extend a play with is feet, he can make great things happen. That's why the defensive 'answer' is the blitz against our terrible OL, Keenum isn't quite there on reading it and releasing quick to the hot read.

16. solid

solid Member

I like it! Maybe his key to survival. He is getting all the blame for "not reading blitzes," but the coaches are not scheming to help him. That is getting little if any attention. I guarantee other football people are noticing. If they don't make adjustments this week, clearly Kubiak is officially brain dead.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

What are the overall stats of Schuab to Andre. Because both guys missed some time in the past three years.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

They apologize with a big ol bank roll, hes not a victim here, the dude is stankin rich. Yeah Kubiak didnt do him any favors as far as stats but lets not throw a pity party for AJ.

19. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

20. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

If Case did that I suspect Kubiak would pull him off the field right away. At this point any dumbass or malicious moves Kubes does would not surprise me.

And with Bob McNair being the owner his job will always be safe. I wonder what would happen if Jim Dolan owned the Texans and Uncle Bob owned the Knicks?