1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would definitely trade Sengun for the right player. Whom that could be is up for discussion.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If only he kept that chick as his translator...:D

AroundTheWorld and daywalker02 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a good country man, he shares her services with the other Turkish athletes.

Easy likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

See, I would, if the price is right. If they offered a trade for Harden, Curry, Giannis, or Durant and one or both of Green and Sengun were needed to make it happen and I was the GM, I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat. Hell, I would help pack their bags and drive them to the airport. Neither has done anything to show they are a franchise cornerstone, just flashes that they could become special.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If it was Giannis I would give thought to it lol, his age plays a role.

6. 34to11

34to11 Member

Cool story.
    Whatever you have to tell yourself to maintain your delusion.

But as I said before it has zero bearing on reality.
    Your pompoms won't make Şengün any better or any worse than he was already meant to be...no matter how desperately you wish it so.

And for the record, we all know why you insist on bringing up Green no matter how removed he is from the subject of discussion.
    But go ahead and lie to yourself about that one too.

As for the petulant insults and name-calling, I could point out that that's typically what ham-fisted troglodytes do when they find themselves unable to respond intellectually. But I won't.
    Instead I'll leave you to it buddy. Something tells me that may be all you have left.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So in your pea sized brain, Sengun is a finished product but no other rookie is?
    Sound logic.
    And if you think that was name calling you should probably stay off the internet.

Stop trying to sound smart, it’s not working for you.

8. 34to11

34to11 Member

As I said, no intellectual response.

But by all means, please give us more of your straw man arguments and your angry man insults.
    It's all so very entertaining.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You say my “pom-poming” won’t make him better or worse than he will be. I have high expectations for him and Green. Yet in your mind he’s limited, at least that’s what you’re insinuating.
    And again, stop with the pompous rhetoric, you aren’t fooling anyone. You’re playing an overused internet character.

aaquaa likes this.
  10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I agree with most of your points and as fans we're not privy to player development plans, injury insights, etc.

As fans going through rebuilding years we cling to hope. Our 4 rookies are key to that hope and of that mix Sengun has displayed a feel for the game that seems rare for a 19 year old.

He makes mistakes, but his flare, tenacity and instincts are hard to measure with analytics. He's just plain fun to watch.

I believe a lot of the frustration is tied to not getting more Sengun crack. He turns the ball over, but then blows your mind with a no look behind the back bounce pass to Wood for a dunk. That's 400-level bball from a 19 yo whiz kid.

A lot of great points and good dialogue in this thread, but I think we've beat this horse to death. Let's see what happens with the trade deadline. We may have a different looking team for the 2nd half.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Well said, and agree completely

AroundTheWorld and Shark44 like this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

As I've said many times, he's easily my favourite current Rocket, and I'd LOVE for him to get starter minutes. I just don't buy into the hysteria either and can admit his flaws, and don't need to pretend he's the best player on the team (which he isn't remotely, yet) or that he's being hard done by when he's not.

aaquaa likes this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

No Sengun till after all Star. Ratings dropping

J.R. likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Phew. All these Sengun threads will go quiet! And game threads will be cleaned up!

Get well Sengun!

RasaqBoi and Easy like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sengun is so fragile he just can't handle the minutes.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Right. No more posts about Sengun's minutes until he comes back. But there might be more "trade Wood" threads because people are bored now losing something to complain about. :D

J.R. likes this.
  17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Plenty more from the Alpi piece on their feed^^

"Hail Hydra", D-rock, Easy and 3 others like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member