1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, you use guys like Tate to get a superstar.

Moving from 23 to 13 with Tate is very possibly not the wisest way to go about landing said superstar, and potentially undervaluing Tate as a conglomerate asset elsewhere in the future. It all depends on what we think is there at 13.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Finals cannot end soon enough.

hakeem94 and CriscoKidd like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I dont think so, but perhaps we disagree on definition of superstar. How many superstars bucks or suns do have respectively?

hmmm, I dont think so, but perhaps youre right, if so can you name a few Tates around the league?

Agree, I am somewhat confident in Stones drafting ability, still I wouldn't give up this one, I'd like for my team to have a few of them, except in a straight up trade for a superstar . I'd like my team to stay together for more than a year, develop chemistry, stability and even to get them to take discounts (or pay them under the table). Also one of the Tates may develop into a superstar one day just like Kawhi did.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Physical wing defending role players that guard multiple positions?

OG Anunoby
    DeAndre Hunter
    Jae Crowder
    Nicolas Batum
    PJ Tucker
    Larry Nance Jr.
    Aaron Gordon
    Torrey Craig
    Otto Porter Jr.
    Jerami Grant (pre-Detroit)
    Royce O'Neale
    Kyle Anderson
    Justise Winslow
    Keldon Johnson

raining threes and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why?

6. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

More draft coverage I guess?

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

forget my ignorance but isnt Tate amongst the youngest of the bunch with greatest motor, passing skills and post moves on the best contract?

Bo6 likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't give up the top level of these guys to move up 10 spots in most drafts, and I think Jae can be as good as the top 5 guys on this list.

If your "Kawhi" is there, however, by all means.

9. raining threes

Even Lebron needed Wade, Bosh and Davis plus Kyrie. The Celtics, Lakers 80's 90's teams had multiple Hof'ers on them. I mean even Hakeem had Drexler and Horry. Find the stars first then add the role players.

Rather than do a bunch of typing let's just say we have different philosophies on how to build a championship team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. MrButtocks

Funnily enough, the only guy on that list who was drafted 23rd was OG Anunoby and the player drafted exactly ten spots before him was Donovan Mitchell.

I like Tate a lot. I think he's a good player, teammate, and locker room presence. I don't know who will be on the board at 13 so I'm not going to say we should trade him to move up. But teams are not built around the guys I listed.

raining threes and RudyTBag like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Hes not just one of these guys he may be the best of them age , versatility and contract wise, he maybe the kawhi you are looking for.

Tate is amongst the youngest of the bunch and room to grow, with greatest motor, passing skills and post moves on the best contract....

ps not sure about hunter tho.. didnt watch him at all

Bo6 likes this.
  12. MrButtocks

Is Sengun's defense so bad that he can't even be compared to Jokic, Sabonis, Love, or Scola defensively?

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

From all video and reports he’s not that bad defensively. There’s effort, given some more physical development and a professional training department and he might be an above average defender.

13 in 33 and raining threes like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pfeifer is good but he also believes Giddey should be drafted #4 overall.

Head scratcher to say the least.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i guess he watched these guys a lot and that is much more then my occasional highlights or 2
    however i find this analysis of sengun lacking

hes going too much into detail and lacks out of box thinking...i might be big wrong but alperen sengun is a big big talented and smart bb guy...hes a diamond' and is just 18 year old and has already had a huge success in a professional league, one of the best in the world.......

you take him and then you develop his game whichever way you want, or even design an entire system around him...(just like they did with jokic)... you can not miss on him just because he isnt shooting 3s or whatever , thinking but how do we fit him into 2021 offense or defense?

no! hes a great talent, you take him then find the way later on

13 in 33 and raining threes like this.
  18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

turkish Mchale anyone?

hakeem94 and raining threes like this.
  19. raining threes

He shoot 80% from the line and at 18 years old I'm confident he can improve his 3 pt shooting. I'm more worried about how Sengun's defense will tranlate to the NBA. It's only a slight worry. I think he will be avg with a chance to improve on that end of the floor.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

anyone can be decent on defense... not so long ago people worried ayton is negative on defence and now his game is almost reverse of that

raining threes likes this.