1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lolol its a pure perfectionism so much characteristic of the tanking disease...everything needs to be teared apart and started anew and it gotta be perfect lolololol such a loser proposition...and when along the road imagined, a few of perfect projects become busts, everything should be started again from the scratch and a new 5 years losing circle should begin anew

Dobbizzle, Bo6 and CriscoKidd like this.
  2. anchel

anchel Member

A low post scorer who cant defend outside, cant defend the rim? Would have a very hard time nowadays.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Alright, that got a legit laugh. Well done and good point

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

5. raining threes

Diamond players?

LMAO

None of those are currently on the Rockets roster. We're only hoping KPJ and the second pick can become diamond players and there's a chance if Stone moves up he could possibly find another diamond player.

6. raining threes

It's not about being perfect.

It's about trying to get a potentially great player with a large ceiling vs having a guy who's already a good player with a limited ceiling.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

1 in my humble opinion you are just wild guessing about woods ceiling... this is how it seems to me....i am interested to know how do you go about finding whose ceiling is higher? and what makes you think few guys with high ceiling enough are not preferable to the highest ceiling guy?

2 we had a guy with the highest ceiling and he bolted out for greener pastures so the highest ceiling guys guarantee you noting ...many teams even had few of those and they won nothing nevertheless

3 no one on the suns has particularly high ceiling and they winning it all now

This is the very definition of perfectionism, from my humble perspective, you are giving away an excellent player(s) for some pie in the skie super duper perfect player that may never become what you imagine he will and that you even dont need him to become for you to win it all.

#147 hakeem94, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

For being 18 he's good. I thought he was older. His highlights show zero jumpshooting ability.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

these 2 are excellent 2 way, motivated, coachable players, that can fit on any contender, now you find, train, coach and develop another 4-5 players like them and a superstar and you are a legit contender

10. rockets13champs

He’s really a Sabonis type player. That’s exactly who would be perfect next to Wood.

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I felt like Kelly Olynyk played really well next to Wood. Will this guy even be as good as Kelly O?

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sabonis is like 10x the athlete that Sengun is. Also Sabonis has a jumper to stretch the defense, which Sengun has never displayed.

I think there's a certain segment that is really invested in the hard-working skill guy succeeding, because that is the way they want the world to work.

But sometimes the hare beats the tortise. Sometimes, Goldilocks gets eatten by the big bad wolf.

#152 Ottomaton, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  13. rockets13champs

Offensively he’s much better. Think Sabonis. Kelly is probably more his floor

14. dmoneybangbang

Nah, this Sengun kid just has an innate ability with the ball that goes beyond “hard work”.

Yao was mechanical. Scola was fluid. This kid is fluid and sees the floor.

MrButtocks likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone that loves basketball should love Alperen Sengun.

Nook, AlperenSengun and CXbby like this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

And anyone who dislikes Sengun hates happiness and is a communist.

RudyTBag and CXbby like this.
  17. raining threes

1. Do you want to keep Wood too? If so you're being consistent. That was my point.

2. When you have the worst team in the NBA, that's the perfect time to take chances.

3. Bolted after what? 8 yrs? I will take that from a top 5 player rather than not having a top 5 player.

4. I consider Booker, Ayton to be rising young stars and Paul is still a top 5 point guard.

4. You aren't giving away anything. You're selling high on a solid role player, for the chance to upgrade. Do you think you can win championship with Tate as your starting SF. I don't and now is the perfect time to look for an upgrade when his value is at it's highest. I do think Tate can be a solid role player on a championship team.

I get where you're coming from and respect your opinions. We just have different visions for how to rebuild the team.

peleincubus likes this.
  18. raining threes

You're going to need more than one superstar to win a championship. You use guys like Tate to try to get another superstar. Guys like Tate , who I like are replaceable. Every team has guys like Tate. Stone found Tate off of the scrap heap and I'm confident Stone can find another Tate. You aren't?

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I also think KMJ will be a better SF than Tate over the next 1 to 2 years. His 3 pt form looks better and he obviously is working on it. I do like Tate a lot, but I am with raining threes on this one. If you can get the 13th pick for him you are selling high and now is the time to take gambles on high ceiling players. In order to compete in 3 years or so, we need to hit on at least 2 future all-stars in this draft and next. We can also secure solid role players like Tate when Wall and Gordan come off the cap or through the myriad of draft picks we already have.

raining threes likes this.
  20. raining threes

Do you think an eighteen year old that shoots 80 percent from the line can improve his range?

BTW, I'm not all in on Sengun.