1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

He's playing better defense than Mobley right now .. has a higher rating.. that's the crazy thing

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dang, if you say so. You are the supernatural guru here. I bow to your spiritual discernment. :)

DreamShook and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess that's karma for robbing us with the CP3-Russ trade... wait, we robbed them with the Harden-KMart trade. I guess karma works in mysterious ways. :D

4. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

OP is an absolute madman. Historic thread in the making

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont worry bro, you are more creative then them!

DreamShook likes this.
  6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Excellent writing. Great tempo and cadence. I should read SI more often.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

F and A+ lol

D-rock and roslolian like this.
  8. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Lol Green is an F. I mean it's too early to say, but based on SL alone he shouldn't be an F. Even if he doesn't become a franchise player, his floor as an effecient shooter should put him at B at the very worst.

D-rock, roslolian and peleincubus like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hmmm this site is very insightful...very good writing!

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The writing might be solid, but the guy has some insane draft grades.

More power to him for having different end result takes, but i definitely don't want to see later "see, i was right about Sengun!" when he has Giddy at 6 as an A- and Cade a a D, Green at 2 as an F and Mobley as an A+ lol. Bouknight as a C-, Mitchell as an F- (lol), etc. He may ultimately be right... but so far meh on his analysis.

Dobbizzle and platypus like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps, i have trouble reading anything on the topic and this site had me glued to reading for an hour...it was very entertaining for me so much so i don't even care for his accuracy loloolol

besides if i got it well what he grades is a logic of the process and not what the actual end result may be

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, any draft grading has to be evaluated in hindsight after at least 2 or 3 seasons.

I mean, if you picked a bust, what's the point of saying, "But everybody thought it was a can't-miss!" Well, everybody was wrong and you still get a failing grade for picking him. This is a business about results. And results can only be judged after they have happened.

JayZ750, hakeem94 and harold bingo like this.
  13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

There's nothing remotely based in real analysis in most of those grades. It basically amounts to "Cade is ok but they should've got Mobley - D" and "Green isn't ok, they should've got Mobley - F." Pretty writing to try and justify grades based entirely on personal preference for players. There's no actual analysis of team fit, of the potential of the players or anything in determining the actual grades he's given. Trash.

roslolian and JayZ750 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Glad he did

D-rock, CXbby and hakeem94 like this.
  16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think doubting a player like jokic is similar to Dirk.

his teams were great hard out was an mvp didn’t really ever have a superstar next to him but like jokic has a very very solid team around him and in the end he became the best Mav ever a champion and imo one of the 20 best players to ever play the game.

jokic and Dirk are not similar at all other than their both tall and European but that’s were it starts and ends.

I like jokic a lot I think he can be the best player on a championship team it’s just catching the right breaks like almost every nba title team and his role players being hot in the playoffs.

He just might have to wait it out till the nets are done though. KD and Harden still have 3 years of contending left and if healthy I can easily see them winning 3 titles in a row.

kyrie is a bonus that makes them unstoppable.

Rockets4Life13 and hakeem94 like this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

The problem with this dude is he treated NCAA and GLeague at the same level which is the same mistake the Mobley Mob made.

I said it before but busts like Derrick Williams, Beasley and Anthony Benett put up godly analytics stats in the NCAA. Thats because NCAA competition overall is barely better than the AAU they had in high school. If you got an ounce of NBA potential you will pwn all the unathletic kids with 0 chance to be in the NBA. Thats why Mobley who broke the analytics model is now suddenly scoring 30% in the field with worse defense than Sengun. Not just him Cade and Suggs who both shot well in NCAA now scoring in the 30s percentage as well.

GLeague is a different story you actually got former NCAA stars who are now grown ass men desperate to go to NBA. Kuminga and Green got depressed nos vs much better competition but we can see now how good they really are in an even playing field.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Just a Mobley fanboi lol didnt know people would quote him

#718 roslolian, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get your point but the kids in ncaa all played aau for the most part and not everyone that plays aau plays ncaa ball.

plus ncaa u have better coaching your playing with ppl older and stronger than you and your just in the spotlight Espn national tv big arenas full of screaming college kids.

I wouldn’t compare ncaa too aau.

I played aau with a few guys who went to ncaa and started in college but their is a major difference. Mainly the structure aau is like mini nba ball we’re one player can really dominate the rock ncaa is way more team ball Forsure and just overall bigger athletes.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thats why I said its better but it is barely better esp when it comes to NBA. Just cuz a kid shoots 40% in college doesnt mean ig will translate to the NBA thats why there are so many busts and so many picks dont pan out and are outta the league in 3 yrs.

For the NCAA seems its just better to forget %s entirely and just look at skillset and shooting form because the comp is so different. Mobley in NCAA and Mobley in SL looked like 2 different players. Mobley in NCAA was guarding guys 1-5, blocking guys wherever, doing drop steps and baby hooks etc

Mobley in SL looked like a black Poku, extremely raw and couldnt do anything besides layups. Also played mediocre D.

#720 roslolian, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    hakeem94 and Dobbizzle like this.