1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I model my game after Jesus, Darth Vader, and Neo ftom the Matrix.

For some reason, however, i am not able to make halftime snacks for the entire team from a single orange slice, and im not able to block shots from the other side of the court in bullet time as cameras spin the scene around me. I cant even force choke the guy I'm defending.

#321 Ottomaton, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    robbie380, Corpusfan and hakeem94 like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

But for some reason this guy is able to pull the stunning moves just like the players he models his game after and its beautiful. Perhaps you should keep practicing?

ElDobleK, CXbby and D-rock like this.
  3. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I have yet to see him run through defenders with sheer physical force like Shaq. Maybe if he watches two or three more games.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

shaq had the moves... it wasnt all sheer physical force...i watched him only a bit but yannis could only wish to be able to pull shaq moves

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I hated Shaw as a player. His only offensive move was to lower his and bull over people. If the refs would have called even half of his charges, he would’ve fouled out by the third quarter most every game. He could have adjusted though if forced to.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  6. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

So, you should be able to tell me which "Shaq Moves" Sengun has added to his game, right?

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

shaq had one move. Lowering his shoulder and bulling over people. He and wilt were both supremely overrated as offensive players. Wilt was just so much bigger than everyone else he could score at will. Same with Shaq. He was an incredible specimen of strength and brute force. He would have still been incredibly effective if he had to play within the rules. Wilt would not have been a very good offensive player in the modern era.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fixed.

And you could say same thing about Green.

Or Kuminga.

Or Cam Thomas.

roslolian likes this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Drop step and spin move.

10. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Hed never heard of those until he watched Shaq play?

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

He tried to learn those moves from the best that did it. And then he became the most efficient post scorer in his league.

12. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Anybody have a King Cheetah "Unlikely" for me, especially given the other names on that list tbat would provide a better teacher for the movea mentioned.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

In the league he was playing in, the Turkish league. It already happened.

14. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Except I"d bet my left arm that he didnt learn those moves from watching Shaq, as you claimed.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

What? I didn’t claim it, he did. You are in his head?

16. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I asked specifically what moves he learned from watching Shaq. You were the one who named names. Perhaps you didn't understand the question.

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

I gave you two moves that he does that are the same as Shaq. You said no he didn’t. How the hell would you know?

18. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Because i went to about 30 basketball camps between the ages of 5 and 15, learned those moves at all of them, and shaq didnt coach at a single one. In fact, shaq probably didnt know the moves himself at that point as he was in elementary school for most of that time.

Its possible Sengun learned how to dribble a basketball after years of playing only after watching shaq on TV late one night, but is vanishingly unlikely.

And AGAIN YOU RESPONDED TO A QUESTION ASKING "WHAT MOVES DID SENGUN LEARN FROM WATCHING SHAQ" WITH THE NAMES OF THE TWO MOVES ON QUESTION. You made the claim, not I.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

I’m going to guess that if you took those moves to the Turkish league you are getting your ass handed to you. So perhaps there were some nuisance that he learned from Shaq, and the other greats he named, that made him the mvp of a grown man league at 18 years old. I dunno, or maybe he’s a liar. You should ask him to his face why is he lying. I’m really confused what point you are trying to make.

20. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Amused that you've somehow turned a very narrow, specific point about name dropping into a referendum on whether Sengun deserves to live or die and whether his life has existential meaning.