1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Trading Up to get Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 3, 2021.

1. invocux

invocux Member

This thread is a gold mine dude. I'll be here for a month or two.

Ankara1923, Dredd and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

some people have no shame.

3. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I think everyone was wrong on Sengun, to a different level. He's become better than anyone would expect and much faster than anyone would expect too. Even if you imagined he would be playing like him today, you would imagine it to be 1 or 2 years later and you would still be an optimist.

As for Green, I am optimistic. I agree with the shortcomings you mentioned. But I also see that he is coachable, willing to learn and not some a55hole like kpj. We just need to accept that he might not be the superstar we dreamt of, and even if he is, or whatever his ceiling is, it will take him long, longer than most players, to get there. If you are expecting him to dictate an nba game, it will not be soon. But I think he should probably earn his next contract here and I don't think it is a good idea to give up on him.

One thing that I can't make much sense is Rockets having a KPJ project and drafting all the good character, hard-working types in Sengun, Bari, Tari, Garuba, Amen. These things are complete opposite moves. And Green is similar to the good character guys, though the rockets wanted to market him with KPJ. He lacked fundamentals deeply and the rockets and Silas didn't help him at all. It should be an upward trajectory from now on.

#2003 AlperenSengun, Jan 3, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Wonder what happened to @D-rock