1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carville: 'Ted Cruz Is the Most Talented, Fearless Republican Politician I’ve Seen in 30 Years'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, May 6, 2013.

1. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

So Cruz wanted to delay the mandate and got railed for it..and obama just did! LOL the lefts hypocrisy knows no bounds!

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

And the ignorance of the right knows no bounds, he was trying to force the government default on debt (which he had no chance of doing) to repeal the entire thing, not delay the mandate, he only has stated this about 11 million times.

Hell even I know this and I don't think I've listened to a word that idiot has said in months and months.

Listen up kid- you owe it to yourself to learn a modicum of facts before you troll. It's an art as much as a science, and you're just bad at it.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Cruz has essentially proven that he is... well educated, bright..... and a huge ******* that people do not like and has no shot at being President.... I think he gets his talking points from Phil Gramm.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I keep seeing that Cruz is brilliant. I have yet to see it, though. He may indeed be bright, and well educated. I just haven't seen him manifest that on a national stage.

5. Kim

Kim Member

If his end game was to become a US Senator from Texas, then I think he's pretty brilliant, and he's just sticking to the schtick that got him there.

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Member

There is a difference between threatening to take down the economy unless your demands are met (the demand being the delay of the mandate or the repeal of the ACA) and deciding in a deliberative process that it makes sense to delay the mandate. One is a deliberative process and the other is an act of terrorism.

7. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

I dont think you know what you're talking about kid.

8. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

OH really...The dems have never pulled this tactic? YOu dems on this board must just pull your talking points from Msnbc.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

[​IMG]

10. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

Sam you mad bro?

snicker

11. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Over the last 6 months Cruz went from most republicans backing him in the shutdown to 1 backer in his newest legislation.

The guy basically trolls morons to stir up the tea party. He wants the states to have the right to have an opinion on definition of marriage...ok that's fine, but he is doing it bc apparently Obama is forcing gay marriage on us. Huh? Does he not realize this isn't happening? It is the states that are defining who can an can't be recognized as married. Pointless and pure grandstanding. The icing on the cake is that he is doing it for the voice of the people in the states...his one supporter is from Utah lolllll

12. Nook

Nook Member

I agree on the "brilliant" claim. Just being extremely well educated and bright does not make someone "brilliant". Thus far I have not seen him do anything that is brilliant... indeed, what he has done thus far has blown up in his face.

13. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

US to add new legal protections for same-sex spouses

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-08/holder-to-detail-new-u-s-legal-protections-for-same-sex-couples.html

If denying these benefits to same sex couples are important to you, then you could see as Obama shoving it down your throat.

14. leroy

leroy Member

I really don't know why y'all engage XIrocket. In just about every forum on this site, he's proven to be nothing more than a RyanEd-style troll. The only difference is, RyanEd was an act. I actually think this dude is serious.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Nah he's just really that bad at trolling.

16. Dubious

Dubious Member

Agree. I don't think he would ever let his real convictions get in the way of his ambition.

17. glynch

glynch Member

Hey he did well in a good law school and can write a good brief. That's why they call him brilliant.

Politically smart? As another poster said he has been smart in becoming the Tea Party senator from red Texas before it turns blue. After that he could be in trouble. Not so smart as a national politician.

I see Fox News commentator or perhaps a radio show in his future.

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Member

No, the dems have never threatened a government shutdown in order to force a repeal of existing law. If they have, I didn't hear about it, perhaps you would like to provide evidence (ROFL, I won't hold my breath).

BTW, I started the Facebook group "Stop watching MSNBC, CNN, and Fox," I didn't get so much as a single "talking point" from them. Sad that you can't seem to say the same about Fox.

19. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Bob Woodward from the Washington Post said on Face the Nation yesterday that at weekly republican senate meetings, no one will sit next to Cruz. Literally, the people who end up next to him are only there because there are no more seats.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

The dems could have avoided the partial government shutdown with the common sense delay of Obamacare. It clearly wasn't ready for prime time, as we all clearly know now.

the partial government shutdown is on Harry Reid