1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Carville: 'Ted Cruz Is the Most Talented, Fearless Republican Politician I’ve Seen in 30 Years'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, May 6, 2013.

1. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Does not play well with others.

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

He was giving a speech in Iowa tonight. This speech is a good gauge for possible 2016 campaign.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The speech isn't a good gauge for anything. He has no chance at all to be the GOP nominee in 2016. It's one thing to be a divisive, polarizing figure to the voting public in general. It's another to be so within your own party. And he's only been on the scene about 18 months. Nobody knew he existed before then.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Ted Cruz set out to make a name for himself and he has. He has quickly emerged as the defacto face of the far right edge of the Republican Party. The problem is that he is toxic right now. No one outside of the fringe wants to be associated with him in anyway. As I said from day 1, from when I met him a decade ago, to watching him on Fox last week... He is a very bright man, but it doesn't matter because he comes across as a grade A *******... Very few can reach the level of ******* that Cruz can.

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I happen to be in Chicago on business and was flipping through the channels in the hotel and caught this speech. I never thought I would ever keep it on cpsan for more than a second.. watched the whole thing. If he's pissing off the current establishment on both sides.. he's doing something right because the establishment is what's toxic not his rhetoric..

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

people said the same thing about Jordan.

7. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

People? By people I know you're not talking about coaches or players.
    Unless you can find quotes from former coaches or players who said that Jordan did not play well with others.
    You're just talking about people who frequent the GARM.

See the problem with Joe McCarthy Jr is that he's getting crap from his fellow senators and people in his own party.

"I don't mean this in an egotistical way, I'm the only one who's been going after Cruz by name," King told me. "And there's a purpose for that, because this is going to come back again in two or three months, whether it's January 15 or February 7 or whatever, there's going to be a threat of another shutdown.
    "And he's going to be coming back, rewriting history, saying, 'We were on the verge of victory back in October, and we could have won if we'd just stayed in there another week.' And he's going to have phone calls being made, and he's going to have town hall meetings. And he's going to have all those support groups out there, threatening to downgrade people on their scorecards and all that stuff."
    "It was one person who was able to steamroll Congress and unless we target him for what he is, he's going to do it again. So I'm hoping other Republicans will join me and start going after this guy, and say we're not going to let it happen again."
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/17/1248171/-Don-t-Laugh-Rep-Pete-King-R-N-Y-Urges-GOP-To-Declare-War-On-Ted-Cruz-Stop-Laughing#

But since Joe Jr. is a basketball fan and his dream would be to play PG, I would love to see him and Obama play a game of one on one. The loser leaves politics forever.

8. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Damn! One must be a special kind of crazy to lose Santorum.

Santorum: Cruz ‘Did More Harm’ Than Good During Shutdown Fight

“I would say that in the end he did more harm,” Santorum said. “I think it was not his objective. I think his objective was a laudable one. I think he didn’t do a very good job in pointing it out. I mean, it’s one thing to have a goal and another thing to have a plan to get you to that goal, and he didn’t figure that out.”

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0y43ocG9qFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not really significant, but the tenor of his voice reminds me DDL in Lincoln.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I know I'm late to the thread, but I just want to say that fearlessness is a disgusting attribute to admire about a person who is to manage a democracy.

In fact there is no better president of a democracy than one that is fearful of his/her people, party and opposition. In the inverse way that dictatorships forge loyalty and discipline by instilling fear, your citizens should make your president curl up into the fetal position at the thought of what citizens will do if they don't do what's best for people.

14. Commodore

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PQJboCc-kLw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But how do you feel, Commodore?

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I just wish we had :lol gifs on CF.

This thread and the republican mentality are a perfect example of its use.

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Teddy Cruz is such a lacky for the one percent.

He has the clever right-wing pseudo populist spin down. He benefits from it handsomely and is rewarded by his buds the Limbaugh, the Kochs and Murdock etc. He knows what what side his bread is buttered on.

Sort of feel sorry for all the little guys like Commodore who have fallen for it.

18. LScolaDominates

That school choice bit at the end came out of left field. Of course, what he really meant was school privatization. The whole talk was about big government hurting the poor, but public education is about as "big government" as it gets. When Ted Cruz says that he wants the poor, black, and brown kids to have the same options as middle and upper class kids, he's lying.

19. Commodore

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d3gKfkIC3YI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If the GOP keeps up on its current course, Michelle Obama will run and win in 2016.