1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

carrol Dawson is a joke...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by We're Back, May 27, 2003.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Senior was a down to earth type while Junior gave you the impression (the way he looked at you) that he was doing you a favour to say Hello!

2. We're Back

We're Back Member

For postertity's sake "Ain't gonna happen" was utterd by A.C. Green, not Chuck, but my point is the same.

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Hard to argue with this. And lets not forget about Matt Maloney, a guy the Rockets are still paying, like what, 7 million a year?

4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

best post in the history of the clutch bbs. one sentence that summarizes the problems of the entire organization. nice one.

now...

... what's the solution, will? (in one sentence of course) :D

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought this topic has been debated for many pages in a thread a couple of weeks ago. The main point was that you can pretty much make a pooh-pooh list on every GM of every team with 20/20 hindsight. There are good GMs and there are bad ones. CD is certainly not on the bad side.

BTW, getting the #1 pick (Francis' accomplishment) was luck. Getting Yao with the #1 pick (CD and company's accomplishment) was NOT luck. I suggest you go back to last summer's news reports and bbs discussions, and you'll know that getting Yao was NOT a no-brainer. It was a huge accomplishment that took a lot of efforts and foresight.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It has been said before but worth repeating again. No one on this board says more in very little than Will.

Good point Will!

7. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

Bad moves by CD

-signed Brent Price to a six year contract (thankfully he was able to recover by trading him away)

-Signed Matt Maloney to a fat 6 year contract only to waive him after the first year.

-Signed Mo T. , and Cato to large contracts making them virtually impossible to move.

-drafted Michael Dickerson, Mirsad Turcsan, and Bryce Drew with first round picks..(bypassing Rashard Lewis and many more NBA talented personnel)

-locked up a 3rd string at best point gaurd for 4 years..20 million..

-the drafting of Jason Collier with a lottery pick (technically acquiring his rights by swapping lotter picks with Milwaukee)

-trading the rights of Eduardo Najera for Dan Langhi.

-elected to keep the cancerous Tito Maddox over Tierre Brown.

*the jury is still out on his Eddie Griffen for three first rounders trade.

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

We had a franchise record in wins, finally beat Seattle, and got to the WCF with Charles Barkley and probably make it to the NBA Finals if Derek Harper could actually wait an extra week or two. And the Rockets traded Horry and Cassell who wanted to much money and probably weren't going to re-sign. Who cares whether you think he partied to much the Rockets had to do what was best for the organization instead of tying the entire cap on Horry and Cassell. If the Rockets don't trade for Barkley they keep Horry and Cassell, the team gets old, they don't get any cap space, and they don't get Mobley, Griffin, Yao Ming, Steve Francis, or the rest of these guys. Basically it was a one or two shot deal at the championship and then rebuild.

9. We're Back

We're Back Member

I don't care that Barkley partied to much because I am some sort of puritan. I just think that it is crazy to see a guy out during the season dancing in a cage at Creme de Cristal and pushing the cage dancer's head into his crotch while screaming in a drunken stupor during the season. Meanwhile, Dream and Glide were doing what it took to get to the Finals. Yeah, we beat Seattle, but we lost to Utah, whom we had beaten many times before. Again, this is not the point of the thread. Kiss CD Goodbye. deal with it.

10. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Right...aside from peace, the aquaducts, the roads, a stable economic system, education, sanitation, trade and and public works, what 'ave the Romans ever done for us?

11. We're Back

We're Back Member

The Romans also ironically crucified Jesus and spread Chritianity while we're on a random tangent.

12. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I take it you're not a Monty Python fan...

13. We're Back

We're Back Member

No..just a Rockets fan...

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

i sincerely doubt CD is going anywhere for quite some time. And if he does, my guess is Rudy is going to replace him. So why wait until it happens to complain about that? Start now.

15. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

This is pathetic.

As most of you should acknowledge, the success of a GM is primarily luck and placing yourself in the right circumstances. In this respect CD has done both.

Let's look at the rest of the league in order to evaluate our position. Do you see other GM's which are so dynamic. Can I start with the idiot (forgot the name) that ran the Bulls throughout the early 90's can we say that he was the luckiest guy to hold a job.

You guys are out for blood, I think it is time to take a breather for a bit and let things work themselves out

16. Sane

Sane Member

I thought We're Back was absolutely HILARIOUS until garthomps came and tore down the house.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Are you guys SERIOUS?

17. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

05-27-2003 07:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally posted by NJRockFan
    Jeff

Where do you see Rudy fitting in to this? Is his position one of convenience until his contract expires or will he truly be involved? Will he eventually replace CD?

My GUESS is that he'll end up like Walsh is in San Francisco with the 49er's, a "consultant." He'll probably work with scouts, talk to players, etc. I do think much of it is a convenience until the contract expires because I honestly think he will coach again. I don't think he'll replace CD. He has never liked making deals. Everything he has said leads me to believe that is the hardest thing for him to do - meaning discuss trading players and making deals regarding the salary cap. He likes being on the sidelines or scouting players.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

18. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

What ever happened to Steve Patterson?
    And when exactly was he fired?

19. Fatty FatBastard

Our franchise record for wins was 58-24, and that was 93-94.

Derek Harper for Brent Price was cancelled/nulled before the deadline. After the deadline passed, Brent tore his other ACL.

Just an FYI.

20. Skeptic

Skeptic Member

Did you ever get close enough to 'Junior' for him to look at you?

And...

What is with 'favour'? Are you British or pretentious?