1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carr to be traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Joshfast, Mar 9, 2007.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Peyton Manning has been in a better situation than any quarterback in the NFL since Troy Aikman. Had David Carr been given all of those things all along, he'd be a really good quarterback, too. Putting Manning behind the Texans' line would be just as disastrous as putting Carr or Quinn back there.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Houston are you ready for your new sissy girl QB?

[​IMG]

3. updawg

updawg Member

lol, if he has any brains he would hold out and pull a francis after what happened to carr

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I wonder how many games the Texans would win next season with the ClutchFans BBS'ers running the team?

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

true story: a lot of those guys on that UT roster were plucked from obscurity; many had never seen a football before, let alone played prior to being shipped to austin. fortunately, vince deemed them all worthy and blessed all of their scattered talents with his winnerness, leadershipiness and intangiblinessly.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this might actually be funny if carr's teamates weren't openly questioning whether he should be here as opposed to the titan's claiming a rookie is the leader of their team. magical powers or not.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I know you're (sort of) kidding, but I honestly think that has a lot to do with it. He kind of looks like Carr, so he MUST be David Carr redux.

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

You missed the "in college" part of my post.

I don't have a like or dislike of Quinn but seems one of the biggest arguments people have against him is that he couldn't win the big game yet another QB, who had the same label in college, is on his way to arguably be the greatest QB to ever play in the NFL.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

No one's saying leadership doesn't exist. But there's a difference between claiming someone has good leadership qualities and claiming someone "won" a football game all by himself and "willed" his team to victory.

10. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Just like on Varsity Blues, I take it that VY was on the sidelines with the headset on coaching the defence, while he was finding a cure for cancer.

11. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Whatever pick that pisses off the VY lovers is fine with me.

12. Hey Now!

teammate. no s - singular. there's been one: dunta robinson.

13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think you misunderstood my point. My point was that Peyton Manning wasn't Peyton Manning, Super Bowl Champion coming out of college. It took a lot of years behind great lines and with one of the best receiving cores ever for him to become a great quarterback. Had Peyton Manning come into the league with the expansion Houston Texans and their line or even the 2006 Houston Texans and their line, he would not have been successful. The only QBs that would have been successful are those that are good at running for their lives. You put Quinn on a team with a great line and great receiving core, and maybe one day you can compare him to Peyton Manning. You put him on the Houston Texans without significantly upgrading the offensive line and you'll have to compare him to David Carr.

14. Major

Major Member

So you're no longer interested in what's best for the team? You're not a real fan.

15. Hey Now!

i'm with you for some of this; manning has certainly been in a favorable situation in indy; but he'd be a great QB regardless where he wound up? all-time, SB winning great? perhaps not. but he's a very good QB.

16. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I think this is what most people who are advocating Quinn don't realize. If there is no O-line in place that resembles a significant upgrade from last year or any year before that then you don't waste the pick on Quinn. And that's exactly what you'll be doing, WASTING a pick, considering the talent that would be available at other positions.

17. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

why dont we just draft vince young

18. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Wow! I hate Manning with a passion but I can't believe how much you two are under-rating the guy.

I think he is one of the VERY rare QBs that make his teammates around him much better. He has a great arm and is arguably the greatest QB to ever play in terms of the thinking part of the game. He would have been great no matter where he ended up.

A agree with you full-heartedly about Carr's lack of production based on surrounding talent through the beginnings of a expansion franchise but that is the point - Carr needs talent around him for him to excel. Manning has made his surrounding that much more "talented".

19. superden

superden Contributing Member

Lets try to get Michael Vick! He doesn't need an OLine :D

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how on earth did you guys get on the topic of comparing Manning with Carr?
    that's like comparing Top Grade Sushi with Long John Silvers.