1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carr Playing Well, Rest of team sucks...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Joshaaronb, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Joshaaronb

Joshaaronb Member

Early Snap by Flannigan, Trip by Flanigan, Fumble by Lundy, Dropped balls by Godi and Johnson, and let me not forget OUR DEFENSE IS HORRIBLE! We will see how Dayne does in the second half before I give him his props.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is playing ok, but he has to protect the ball and read the blitz better to help his team.

DD

3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

It's going to get worse before it gets better. As ugly as these first few games may be, I'm going to wait until halfway through the season before I can begin to call for anyone's head. This is the NFL -- unfortunately transformations don't happen overnight, and in this case this team is going through the fire. Hopefully some gold comes out when all is said and done.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Carr is not the problem on this team.

The defensive backfield and the offensive line are the main problems with our defensive line still not getting enough push.

I am confident that the defensive line will improve. There's a lot of talent there. But we need more help with our corners, safeties, and backers. And we need another major offensive line piece. Most of those guys starting in the offensive are backup material. They're good backups. We need Spencer to develop into a stud or we need to get a big, huge left tackle stud that shuts down the rush over there.

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

The saddest part of the Texans is the help they need is relief on offense. They need a player that can help relieve the pressure on Carr and protect him from the rush, yet they don't really have that. Bush was that guy, unfortunately.

Having that constant threat on offense besides just the passing game would make things so much easier on the Texans.

7. twoface723

twoface723 Member

I agree.

8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Careful, Jeff. You're going to get one group of folks on this board hating you...and another loving you. ;)

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well, if I knew DD would be out the year....I would much rather have bush right now than mario. But that info was given to us....

But yeah, seems we have a different running back every 5 min.

Carr hasn't looked bad at all. Infact, he's looking pretty good. But no running game, or good blocking is limiting this team...to zero.

10. Major

Major Member

This may be true, but it's definitely not certain at this point. Against a pretty crappy Green Bay defense, but managed 5 yards rushing today. He had some receiving yards (about 60-70?), but we have receivers.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Bush isnt the answer, the guy isnt a runningback. Ive said many times that he will rush for 800 yards MAX...and it doesnt even look like he will do that. He is a receiver moreso than an RB.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

and considering that Carr only wanted to throw to backs today, Bush would have been a phenomonal upgrade over Cook.

Carr was alright today. Numbers looked nice, but he was stuck in dinky-pass mode. He wasn't exactly willing us on. C+

Evan

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

his pump fake direction change to AJ for a toucdown wasn't nice?

his big play to Owen Daniels that was layed on the money wasn't nice?

I thought he dinked and dunked where he had to when protection was bad, and he did a good job of looking downfield when he got the chance.

Best aspect of this game was the utilization of the no-huddle. I hope this becomes an aspect to keep defenses on their heals. It sure makes Carr look more comfortable. (btw, I could almost taste the resentment building in Moulds as he realized what a poor decision he made to end his career here.)

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He went long when he had to and he made the drop off pass when he had to...you really cant ask for much more from him. He played a solid game...much better than a C+.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

5 of his completions were to backs. His other 17 were to WRs and TEs. He also averaged 8.4 yards per attempt, which is very good. There is no doubt that he has an excellent arm, and with time it looks like he can make the right reads.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Carr had a fine day. He did what was asked of him. He got little to no protection. When he got it, he completed passes. Many of the passes to RBs were set up screens. He completed passes downfield just fine.

Last year I said something like, "the defense better wake up everyday and think God the offense is as bad as it is...because it distracts from how pitiful they are."

Same song...second verse.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They did know before the draft that Davis has never been healthy for a full season.
    Also, I don't think car played great, but he also didnt make any big mistakes like he did last year. I still think he could get better with a little more blocking

18. twoface723

twoface723 Member

Carr did great...When the game didn't matter. The Colts weren't even playing hard. Carr was padding his stats. And so far this year, Johnson and Moulds are have the best season so far. Carr needs to do it when it counts.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wouldn't matter if the defense doesn't step up.

20. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Wow, what a shock! I knew someone would twist the stats. This just in, last year he didnt even have time to pad the stats because he was on his ass more than upright. You cant even recognize that he accidentally made a few good reads and oh yes, perish the thought, made some good throws.

Hey want to b*tch about a QB? Look at Brooks or Walters for the Raiders, how about Collins or VY for Titans or how about Crap-pepper for the Fins? The fans in Miami were clammoring for Joey (Harrington) at the end of the game! That sounds pretty bad to me.

But no, Carr sucks and you arent happy until he's benched for Sage. Unbelievable!!!