1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmeloooo is backkkk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 14, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm waiting for the gawd damn Clippers, Kings, Lakers there-piece to make my assessment if Melo is back. He goes off against those high flying teams, then he has the juice.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the reason we signed Melo was a PR deal, I believe it more and more each day.......

His ties to the banana boat gang, to Chris......
    The Olympic Melo and Hoodie Melo tags and jokes

The non ties to James Harden, they dun have a relationship at all, or at least not a close one.

Not a defined role, just play the 4, come off the bench, do whatever that might help the team.
    Shoot tons of 3s.
    His alledged 'beef' with Jeff Bzdelik.........and all defensive dilemma blamed on him!

This is still not a reason to cut a veteran after 10 games though.

#122 daywalker02, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  3. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Blazers played 13 of their first 18 games on the road.

dvi465, hakeem94 and icewill36 like this.
  4. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

He is a +56 in the last three games, all victories. He is very good and decent on defense.

GotGame15 likes this.
  5. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Don't forget 4 assists and a GAME HIGH +10 impact on the court.

dvi465 likes this.
  6. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

All the made layups and FTS and floaters? All I saw was 27 consecutive missed threes.

Bearded13 likes this.
  7. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

He had 18/7/4 vs the Bucks. They're good, right? Dame and Whiteside were out and Blazers still almost won thanks to Melo.

dvi465 likes this.
  8. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

If you actually watched the last three games, you would see that he is absolutely back. And if Blazers get a Top 4 seed in the West, Carmelo Anthony will get MVP votes.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Almost won? Hell no. Skal went off for 22 and CJ had 37. Melo needs these wins in Cali.

Top 4 seed!? it was a mistake to come in this thread. bye everybody.

everyday eddie likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, Rockets did not use him right. And they did not need him, another combo dude.

OKC also did not use him that well too.

He isn't just a 3 point shooter.

He is the package of using his body in the post, finish with contact, 3s and midrange, rebounding, and he hustles too.

He just isn't a pure facilitator either.

#130 daywalker02, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yikes Bro...

12. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Lol blazers talking playoffs now?

13. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

13 of first 18 were on road. Now they are getting hot. Ask Harden and Westbrook what it's like to face the Blazers in the playoffs.

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The blazers will easily make the playoffs. The 8 seed is sub .500. Once they get nurkic back expect a big run from them. They also have expirings and draft picks to make a big move before the deadline.

dvi465 likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Playing well over last 3 games so good for him.

you guys act like the rockets saw something different than he had done for like 3 years. I never thought he was as bad as he was playing here, but he isn’t as good as his last 3 games either.

this super efficient melo is likely an abnegation. If it isn’t then he will deserve a TON of credit for rebuilding his game at his age into an efficient one, something he hasn’t been in a long time. I hope it works. I have nothing against the man

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Playing well over last 3 games so good for him.

you guys act like the rockets saw something different than he had done for like 3 years. I never thought he was as bad as he was playing here, but he isn’t as good as his last 3 games either.

this super efficient melo is likely an abnegation. If it isn’t then he will deserve a TON of credit for rebuilding his game at his age into an efficient one, something he hasn’t been in a long time. I hope it works. I have nothing against the man

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

TMac looked good the first few games for the Knicks too. At his age and with the game changing the way it has, he has quite the challenge to sustain double digit scoring and the ability to defend on a nightly basis.

Lots of talk here too about his scoring as use offensively as if that had anything to do with the Rockets cutting him or NBA teams not signing him. When Melo was on the floor for the Rockets his defense was noted as unplayable. The analytics were atrocious and there’s no way anyone like Morey would think it was a good thing to put him on the floor knowing he was that bad at this stage of his career. Even in the way he’s moving in these “highlight” videos I’m seeing show troubling signs in his athleticism which affects his ability to defend.

Sorry to bust your bubble guys but I don’t think Melo will be a significant contributor again consistently.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you got to monitor his minutes for him to sustain any kind of consistent production.

26-32 mpg would be good, I mean PG and Kawhi are being managed these days at age 28-29.

19. vick

vick Member

last night Portland beats Chicago. Melo has a double, double. 23 points., 11 rebounds. 8 of 16 fga. 4 assist. Looks good to me.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

granted i only watched highlights but these were mostly garabage time stats