1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Wants Ty Lawson to start next season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Aug 20, 2010.

1. cavevato

cavevato Member

What does your gut tell you?

2. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

Hey special ed, I thought you put me on ignore? Shut up boy? I guess you went to an all boys school as well?

3. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Well at least Billups makes a good percentage of his pull-up threes. I honestly think that's one of his strongest assets.

4. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

Every post just puts you further in a hole. You asked for a clip and still do not understand the concept of a flop.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

If I were Denver's GM and this is all he wants, you start Lawson and bench Billups next season. This is freaking no brainier. Of course, I am not putting win-lose as a priority for Denver. :grin:

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

HMMM? Billups is getting old. Ty Lawson might be better by now.

7. Steve_Francis_rules

What part of "fouls and flops are not mutually exclusive" did you not understand? I'm not arguing about whether or not it was a foul. That doesn't change the fact that Fisher flopped. When a player goes flying several feet when there is barely any contact, that is flopping.

How about this video. At the 1:24 mark, Fisher loses his balance, drags a GS player to the floor, and draws the offensive foul. That's a flop.

Here's another example of a Fisher flop.

8. TheMacster

TheMacster Member

9. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Nuggets Talk is probably the best open one. The board I post on is a private one. Sorry.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD wants 5 Chase Budingers to suit up...

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If you have 5 guys that all score double digits, that is pretty good basketball.

DD

12. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

8.9 points != double digits

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am ignoring the tired DD wants 5 chase argument, and am extrapolating out that I prefer 5 quality players on the floor at the same time over one good one, 3 average ones and one better than average one.

Team over individual.

DD

14. devin23

devin23 Member

Billup is too old... But PGs does have a longer time span in the NBA. i.e. nash and kidd. But its a gamble... I guess i'd trade lowry's overpaid contract for billup.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

Neither recipe will win you anything. You need at least two players that are much better than average to have much success.

16. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

You could end up being Cleveland doing this. If Melo made this demand I'd honestly seek to trade him now while his value is high--because you might end up with nothing. I'd also trade Billips for picks/expiring or hold on to him and decline the 14 mil option next year. So at least your then in a position with cap space and picks to rebuild in a relatively decent city/market to do so.

I am on the middle ground here. Melo is a great player, but he isn't Lebron, nor Wade nor a young Kobe.

2nd, Melo is the leader to Denver, but one cannot discount the positive impact Billips had on that team. Let's remember Billips is a playoff MVP who has a very high BB IQ and has been nails in the playoffs. It took both Melo and Billips playing outstanding to get Denver on the verge of taking the WC and they were pretty much co-leaders their best run: http://www.82games.com/0809/playoffs/playoffs.htm

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or Hakeem Olajuwon... :)

18. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

I would do that in a heart beat, I would even start him over Aaron. Dude had one of his best seasons last season, good court vision, still able to put up numbers and hit the 3.

19. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Just give them half of our roster take out brooks and give them our 6 mil trade Exception and its a done deal.

20. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

the first part was exagerated meaning he was giving them half of our roster haha didnt really make that clear!