1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Wants Ty Lawson to start next season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Aug 20, 2010.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Not true. I think Melo clearly knows that the nuggets with Billups as the floor general would go nowhere. Melo is the team leader. He speaks the truth. That is the responsibility of a leader.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He speaks what he "BELIEVES" to be the truth, the coach speaks the truth regarding Melo.

DD

3. Steve_Francis_rules

Can you give an example of a player that you believe would make the team better? All I can recall hearing from you is "I don't want this guy." You didn't want Artest, Bosh, now Melo. I'm honestly interested in who you think would make this team championship caliber.

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

So, you don't know what is the responsibility of a team leader.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stupid post is stupid - great response! Glad we had this talk. I'm not the one passing on all the superstars because we have our own "superstars" in Aaron Brooks and Chase Budinger, according to you. Melo does not play the right way? Haha ok. FLASH21 said it right on, and you didnt bother responding.

Yes, who is it you are exactly holding out for? Wait, you're probably not. Our players are getting better while everyone else stays the same, again according to you. "It's not about acquiring anyone, it's about our guys getting better". :rolleyes: Each to their own. We all know your "eye" for talent, or lacktherof I mean.

Oh yeah, one more person wants to know your plan of going forward. We all seem to be confused. Maybe it's just us though, not you. :rolleyes:

6. erimanila

erimanila Member

Nobody cares!. Melo is a star in the eyes of everyone or else he wouldn't even be mentioned on tv shows. Who cares if your not a Melo fan. He will put the Rockets back on top and the media will follow our team more.

Melo to Houston.

7. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I hate quoting myself, but can anyone address this?

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd be more than happy to take Billups to make Anthony happy in Denver.

EDIT:

Nug4 is right; this whole story is made-up bull****. The only hit you get googling this story is this bbs thread. If it was on the radio, the radio station would probably have it on their website, the denver newspaper would pick it up, Nuggets forums would have a thread started already, etc. There's no way cf.net has an exclusive internet scoop on something broadcast on Denver radio.

#48 JuanValdez, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

DD only likes goofy looking white players and Von Wafer.

Langhi
    Nachbar
    Vspan
    Novak
    Von Wafer

1 person likes this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thank you!

That's what I'm trying to figure out, who is the player that would actually satisfy DD and his search for the most perfect fit for this Rockets team? I don't think he even knows.

Kobe wouldn't please, LeBron won't do it, not even D Wade. I think he's choosen Chase Budinger to save the franchise and make it to the Finals for years to come. :rolleyes:

After all he plays the right way, as a role player.....

1 person likes this.
  11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Exactly. No source, no rational explanation but some people will use it just to support their hate. Its kind of like politics.

12. postaboi713

postaboi713 Member

So I'm guessing any player who doesn't play on the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, or Heat shouldn't be traded for right since they're the only proven winners?

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Carmelo did win the NCAA Title in his only season. He just needs a team full of tough smart role players and we have them by the truck loads here. He would be an absolute steal. This guy can score like few others and is a go to type scorer at the end of games, just look at the nuggets record before and after he arrived. Most importantly he tends to be healthy at playoff time which has been an issue here since forever.

If he just goes out there and plays his game he makes the Rockets very dangerous. Give Morey a guy like this and he'll get Melo what he needs to win.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

There are only a few, I believe this team might be good enough as is...but for giggles just a couple off the top of my head.

CP3
    Wade
    LeBron
    Kobe
    Dirk

I think sometimes you over trade and screw up the continuity and chemistry.

I would like to see what this team can do as assembled first....if it falls flat or is missing something then by all means make a trade.

DD

15. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

How? Billups had one of his best seasons last season.

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

So, you didn't watch the playoffs...

17. Prince

Prince Member

is this the same Melo that won the NCAA championship? Then you're WRONG!

18. Steve_Francis_rules

So your list consists of exactly one guy that would be even remotely possible (CP3)?

How is CP3 more of a proven winner than Melo? It's not from winning a NCAA championship (Melo did that). It's not from making it to the conference finals (Melo did that). It's not from making the playoffs every year (Melo has done that). Was this the game that made you realize that CP3 was a proven winner (note who was the best player on the opposing team): http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200904270NOH.html

You're delusional if you think this team is good enough as is. But then again, I guess that's just part of being a fan.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wow, what a list. Good luck getting any of those Houston hopefuls on the Rockets.

I don't think Morey would agree with you on that one.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

We didn't pass on Bosh, we never had a chance, and probably don't with Anthony either....

Everyone gets excited that Houston is even mentioned, it is lol funny.

I don't know if Brooks or Budinger will develop into a star, Brooks is pretty close to one now though....Bud has a ways to go.....

I will ignore the personal insults...yet again...sigh......

My plan would be to go into this season....AS IS.....and see what the team has in Yao and the makeup of the rest.

Then, make an informed decision about what to do with the roster, and find out who fits, who doesn't, what works, are we elite, is Yao back, did Brooks develop even more, how about Martin, does he fit with a training camp under his belt, did Brooks and Martin's defense improve with Yao guarding the rim, how does Miller help etc...etc...etc.....

Because right now, no one knows if the Rockets team is a contender, or has been.....I would wait to find out about Yao first.

Especially with the new CBA coming up.....I would not want to hitch my wagon to an overpriced prima donna superstar unless that player did more than just score the ball, that could be enough if he did it efficiently, but he doesn't....

I hope that explains it a bit better, but I get tired of people saying I don't want to trade my favorite players, I would trade ANYONE if it made the team better.....ANYONE !

DD