1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony still set on Rockets trade after Irving request.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VegasRocketsFan79, Jul 21, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

$100 Melo is not a Rocket before Irving is traded and a $250 that it will not be before the schedule comes out.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man we have some Savages on this forum.

Along with another Melo thread.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

What if Cavs trade Lebron instead? They know they're losing him next season anyway, why not hold on to the younger rising talent, makes too much sense that Kyrie doesn't want out but maybe forcing Cavs to choose between the two.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wade and Bledsoe aren't enough for Cavs to beat GSW. Doubt Lebron is in Cleveland for much longer, Cavs would be smart to deal him now and rebuild around Kyrie instead watching helplessly at mass exodus next season led by the best player on the planet.

But what does it mean that Lebron is lying????

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You should tell that to Wade and Bosh who both clearly took a back seat to let Lebron lead the team.

Making teammates better isn't mutually exclusive. Of course they made him better too, otherwise why would he have joined them.

Nowhere in my post did I give anyone ALL the credit. What I did is point out something that is seemingly fairly obvious that the best player on a championship team makes others around him better. Doesn't mean that his teammates were blithering idiots without him for ****s sake.

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Are you working a Lebron trade to Houston/LA before the season starts angle? It's optimistic, but I highly doubt it.

7. hakeemthagreat

Yea but heres the thing. You're implying he personally made them better, the same way guys like Magic & Jordan made their teammates better. That's not what happened. Lebron picks teams he can go to that either already have elite talent, or will allow him to pick elite talent to bring in. How is that making his team better? By picking guys that are already elite and winning championships with them lol. Not to say guys don't benefit from playing with Lebron, but I think it's grossly exaggerated. I DO think Lebron is definitely the best player in the WORLD thru 3 1/2 quarters though

8. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

What you are saying literally makes no sense.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

there's 0 chance Cavs will trade Lebron. Only thing they might do is do a SNT after Lebron expresses he is going elsewhere. Cavs will try their hardest in keeping him this season.

Fullcourt likes this.
  10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

LBJ to Lakes for Ingram et al makes sense on many levels; Kyrie wanting to stay regardless? Good question, one I'd suggest not (with nothing to back that up).

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

For CLE it appears the writing is on the wall. Lebron is leaving next year and he probably gave Kyrie a heads up so that he could make his way out before it happens. Lebron realizes that GS is only going to probably get stronger with another year together and some additional bench strength. He could be positioning both Kyrie and his exit this year. If I'm the new Cavs GM, do I keep both of these guys or try to get as much as I can to start the rebuild?

Yes, the Cavs have been in the finals 3 years straight, but this is suddenly looking like the team is imploding subtlety. I mean Kyrie told the team this last week, when did Lebron tell Kyrie its time? Yes, I like conspiracy theories, but the timing seems weird for this demand.

The next few weeks/months should be interesting for us, the Cavs and the NBA.

D-rock likes this.
  12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

In a weird way, Kyrie pulled the entire organization out from under Lebrons thumb.

The Cavs should pounce and trade both pieces and rebuild on the fly. They got their championship. Now, they don't have to let LeBron walk for nothing.

D-rock likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

And Love. Get a post-Lebron era started a whole lot better than they might deserve.

14. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, really good pizza rolls.

red5rocket likes this.
  15. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I can't recall who this guy is

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's so totally happening

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Who is this guy? He has 32 followers. This has to be someone on CF no? (sorry if this has already been discussed).

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A little Burtie