1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony on Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2011.

1. aakhan786

aakhan786 Contributing Member

LOL, LOL

2. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I'd pay $7M to a fifty year old that got me 19/8 over a full
    NBA season and started every game....

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There's an 8 page thread on page 2 about the possibility of getting Zach Randolph, someone playing the same position and making $9 million dollars more this season than Scola, and he is one year younger. Go figure.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I had to look for this post, I thought you said you were not the one asking questions, so wanted to make sure before I posted this.

I'm pretty sure good ol Bill Ingram is saying it was your interview, and Melo pretty much all but endorsed a trade to Houston. I think he linked what you said to the site.

Personally I'd be a little pissed. I don't want this site to be looked at like Hw and real gm. So I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad, more hits yes, but maybe less respect by people that matter.

May not be that big a deal, but it kinda miffed me. Maybe I just have too much time on my hands being laid up at the moment.

#124 mikol13, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

It all depends on how the chick wearing it looks or how she looks in it ;)

2 people like this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Haha, I thought I changed it before someone caught it. :cool:

7. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Nah, I think there just gloves to hide the evidence..,because of the job we are fixing to do on denver. :grin:

8. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

OMG HE'S COMING TO HOUSTON!!!! KYLE LOWRY FTW!!! :) ;) :)

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It's quite obvious that Mark Berman is asking the questions to anyone with an ounce of knowledge on Houston sports/media. Ingram is a hack.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If we get Melo, we probably need to either bench Scola, or trade him. We would need a more defensive oriented front court and he is just poor on D.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Agreed.

12. acjeitherocket

wont happen.......close thread

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I don't see anything positive out of Melo's comments.

I'll be happy if he's playing for us of course, but I don't see him wanting to be here over NY, or staying with us if he was sent here after the season. I'd hate to lose too much over a rental.

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Lets say hypothetically that we do get Melo and do end up giving up too much (other than draft picks), i really don't think that'll necessarily be a bad thing and here's why:

1) If Melo signs an extension, GREAT! We've got our all-star, and need a defensive big man to clog the paint.

2) If Melo DOES NOT sign, do the sign n trade for expirings and draft picks and have a direction to go towards and hope that you can make some splash moves in the summer of 2012 with cap space availability, and retool with draft picks.

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

which is fine, but why do you assume the 'sign n trade for expirings and draft picks' comes to pass, or that we benefit greatly if it does?

16. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

Well the point of a sign and trade is for the acquiring team to be able to sign the free agent at a higher pay and longer years

It would benefit us because we would obtain something by doin that instead of having him just "walk" in free agency.

Atleast that is how I come to understand that's how it works

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

we more than likely will not benefit greatly if it does come to a sign and trade situation, but we'll have a clear direction of where the team needs to go - which is towards rebuilding and/or clearing cap space for the big name FAs in 2012. If that fails too, then you have to begin to build through the draft.