1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmageddon - July 16/17th

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The_Yoyo, Jul 7, 2011.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Serious I am dreading this weekend I live less than 2 miles away from the 10/405 intersection where the 405 north will be shut down.

My mom is leaving to India that saturday morning on vacation and normally I meet my parents at LAX to send them off but not this time no way in hell am I going to go out on the roads that day.

For those also in LA they will know the absolute horror that is coming hopefully they are a bit further away from the epicenter than I am though

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2081752,00.html

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I read about this.

I think you need to evacuate.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it's going to be pretty crazy. I also live near the epicenter of where the 10 and 405 meet. I'll be on my motorized bike that day...

I didn't realize they are going to do the same thing in a year from now to cover the other direction.

all for what, a 10 mile stretch of carpool lanes that won't really do much to ease traffic IMO...

4. across110thstreet

this is hysterical and unfortunately spot on.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xlLZ4RWyyAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Zackery

Zackery Member

I live in Long Beach. I will be avoiding going north on the 405 for the entire weekend. Looks like I will spend my time in and around OC then.

6. Awesome

Awesome Member

I work right in the smack middle of all of this

My job decides that theyre going to let us out at 3pm that day to get home

HAHAHAHA.... I think ill be working from home on Friday because whoever leaves at 3 in that area is screwed

Its already packed to the max as it is, and closing off transition ramps and a huge section of the freeway is going to cause massive traffic chaos.

Im good though, in all honesty the stress is not worth it. You see so much bad driving its scary.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Was in Cerritos last weekend and laughed at all of the signs foreboding this. You know it's going to be bad when the transportation department is dropping negative adjectives in to describe the delays..."Expect BIG Delays". Lol...LA traffic sucks. Fortunately, I was in the counterflow to all of the nasty traffic this past weekend, with the exception of Friday afternoon rush hour trying to crawl down 405 to get to Huntington Beach.

Good luck guys!

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its stuff like this why I never want to live in LA if I can help it.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Why don't you go to SF for the weekend?

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I know the area and I feel for all of you out there. I will do my best to stay away from it, too...by staying home in Round Rock.

11. across110thstreet

the 5 freeway will be jammed with all the fools trying to avoid the 405...

12. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

now I am glad I don't live in L.A. :grin:

pay back to your "the weather is awesome here" gloats!

13. The_Yoyo

its all good the weather still will be gorgeous here I'll just walk the 10 miles to the beach it'll be quicker than driving at least on that weekend :grin:

seriously i am just glad pretty much anything I need grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants etc are all within a 10 min walk from where I am otherwise I was planning to just catch up on some reading and television this weekend.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Too bad the "Subway to the Sea" isn't built yet. This is where rail transit is big.

15. leroy

I'd be willing to deal with the traffic if it meant getting out of this ridiculous weather pattern. Today will be day #28 over 100 and I think 12 in a row. The next 10 days are forecasted to be much of the same.

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Reason # 1,254,908,654 I am glad I no longer live in that craphole of a city....

17. across110thstreet

loving these "that's why I dont live in LA" responses!

I cant wait for this weekend. god forbid folks walk, ride a bike, or take a (free this weekend) train somewhere.

scarface281- the Exposition line is almost all the way to Culver Junction (National and Venice), i would give it until 2013 or so until it hits the coast...

18. The_Yoyo

actually i am glad this weekend is here in some ways

i had several people ask me for help on one thing or anything this weekend and I didnt want to go to 2 of them (all in orange county) and this is a perfect excuse why to just stay at home all weekend long and catch up on my tv shows

19. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

I live on east side close to 10 and 710 :D

Probably won't affect me much but I still won't go out

20. leroy

I'm surprised. 19 previous posts and no...

I live in Katy. Should I evacuate?