1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl's Jr in Houston - 2 locations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ubigred, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If it ain't Hardee's, I don't want to know about it.

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

DUDE:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqy2oQQYTlc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqy2oQQYTlc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I'm waiting for moes to go off on this thread. I think he's on vacation visiting family. Otherwise, I'm sure he'd be ****ting all over Hardee's and Whataburger.

4. surrender

surrender Member

There's one across the LA state line on the way to New Orleans

It gave me the runs

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I find their burgers are "tasty" but I don't think they're necessarily "better" than anyone else. The $6 burgers are a serviceable drive-thru bargain.

Their ice cream shakes and malts are very nice, can't ever go wrong there. I like them better than Wendys and Jack in the Box. Banana chocolate chip shake FTW

The Carl's Jr+Green Burrito combo stores around here are good for its options of food. Only there I can get chicken strips with mini burritos and cheesecake for a long drive. Bu thats with the Green Burrito store added.

I don't eat junk food anymore, so was good to reminisce on the good times.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Ive had a Carls Junior. Ok burger not great. Give me a Whataburger or Sonic Burger over CJ any day.

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

My girlfriend nearly vomited from a Carl's Jr. burger.

I say this as an experienced OT level Whataburgerphile: 5 Guys has the best fast food burgers in Houston.

Whataburger is dead. Long live Whataburger.

8. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Sweet! Carl's Jr right there near my house....and across from Whataburger.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Carl's Jr. basically is a Hardee's. You can get your 50,000g of fat from either one. :grin:

Having eaten at a couple of Carl's Jr.'s over the past few years in the DFW area, I can say it's the best fast food burger I've had. That being said, I freaked out when I saw a sign for In-N-Out in my area. Can't wait to try out what the big deal about that place is.

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Have you had 5 Guys?

11. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Couple of these have popped up on 35 between S.A. and Austin. I lived in Portland, OR for a bit and wasn't really impressed. Just another fast food burger, really.

A place I REALLY liked when I was up in Oregon was BURGERVILLE. You MUST try Burgerville if ever in the PacNW.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've heard about them and seen a documentary about their franchise, but just realized there's one near me - I didn't know that. I'll give it a try in the next couple of weeks.

13. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I am by no means saying they are the best, but I never see Smash Burger mentioned in these threads. They have some pretty good burgers IMO.

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

You will adore it.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

you need a map

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yea, I like Carl's Jr but know them as Hardee's here in TN. IMO, best fast food burger out there although Five Guys has them beat on Fries. I for some reason have never gotten into Five Guys for their burgers.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i prefer wendy's

19. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I like Carl's Junior. And I'm starting to think a trip to Turkey might also be in store.

win win win winning

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vmTLAs6SyS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Carls Jr is awesome. Their breakfast is great. Tie goes to home team so Whataburger is still the official champ.

1 person likes this.