1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Carlos Gomez - Are we concerned?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Hey Now!, Apr 1, 2016.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

Nats bullpen is also masquerading as a pony league team this season. Sunk my preseason WS bet so soon (I thought they had the rotation to get them there...)

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I miss J. Ronald Hader.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'd rather have Pressly and Osuna

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

And the World Series. Every move up to 2017 was the absolute right move.

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Where are his glasses? Did he get Lasik?

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Gomez "didn't miss" Houston considering dissed the Stros coaching staff after he posted a .600 OPS in 120 games during his tenure here. He was given ample opportunity and still sucked then wanted to blame anyone other than himself. He struggled before Houston traded for him and has sucked since leaving too.

vince likes this.
  7. vince

vince Member

Luhnow did a calculated risk. At the time it seemed that given his talent, Gomez was going to be a mainstay in the outfield, at worst the Astros would give him a qualifying offer which would have yielded a high draft pick.

Who’d of predicted that Gomez would bellyflop to that extent. Heck if past performance is indicative of future performance, Luhnow made a very good GM move; given his age, there was no reason to see this decrease in production for Gomez.