1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos Delfino has offer from Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jul 28, 2012.

1. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

He's 29...He'll be 30 when the season starts.

2. nickg

nickg Member

Don't have a problem with delfino. A serviceable back up at the 3, or 2. Can shoot the 3 and would be cheap. White is most likely not going to have an impact this year. He's not athletic enough to be effective with no shot, so we will need someone to play behind parsons.

3. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

No his staff &"other insiders" say this....it's a threat to get what he wants.
    It isn't going to work even if we don't get him, maybe he'll have to turn down 30 mil to go to wherever the "hot" destination of next year comes into place he'll go there. Lol it's a circus for hits, and talk time bc frankly they have nothing to talk about on espn, more highlights less making these ball players "movie stars" theyre not, and it goes to their head I.e. LBJ, now Dwight, who is next CP3...

4. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

AT forward Caaaaarrrrrrrrloooos DdddddELFINOooooooo! SPLASH,
    You're right though get ya popcorn ready!

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Pass, even if free...

6. joesr

joesr Member

Lin yea, Asik still not sure

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Maybe just an attempt to bring in a cheap
    defensive minded veteran to set an example for the youngsters

8. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't Delfino a little short to play under sized power forward?

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

No thank you. No point in bringing this guy in. He's almost 30. He's a role player at best.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why are we signing a 35 yr old?

11. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Nope just right twin towers him and lamb (bc his 6'11 wingspan)!!:cool:

12. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I see me self a Jim Ackaon just what type of leadership the guy has we will see

13. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Edit -*^ I see a " JIM JACKSON"

14. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Give Oden a cheap one year deal with a team option to see if he can still do a job. He's still young and no one doubts his talent. It would be a gamble worth taking IMO

15. Muaz

Muaz Member

Jack of all trades no real strength except his defense but he's solid at everything.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Oh noes!! He's almost 30 :rolleyes:

You do realize that players are in their prime around 30? We don't know if we're contending or tanking. Wait until the offseason plays out.

17. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

You're right (as well as the other few that mentioned this). I stand corrected.

But my point is still valid. Why would we sign him if we're trying to develop the young guys? It makes no sense. He's not a very good player. Wait...now it does make sense. :)

18. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

So uh...he's in the prime of his career?

Last season he averaged almost 30 minutes a game.

.402 FG% - It's not the greatest stat, but it does tell a story. He takes terrible shots. 52% of his shots are 3's at a 36% clip. The rest are terrible shots.

He attempted 48 free throws in 54 games last season. So he's certainly not getting it done at the line, whether he's shooting 75% on his career or not.

He's a shooting guard. The one thing we should be able to count on from him is his shooting.

Rounding out the season with 4 rebounds and 2 assists to go with 1.5 steals (that's good, I'll give you that) and 9 points per game...if that's the prime of his career, why are we signing him?

Let the young guys play. Or get us a worthy veteran to run with Howard/Bynum.

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Delfino is a plus defender at the wing position. With or without Kevin Martin, the Rockets have no one on the wings (besides Parsons) who's shown he can defend worth a damn. It would be nice to have a vet there who could come in and defend. Plus, he's been in big games (both in the NBA and with Argentina). That experience could come in handy.

Not EVERY player on the team needs to be 26 or younger for the Rockets to "play their youth".

1 person likes this.
  20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

When I read "Daisy Delfino defoliated" I stopped reading. And Delfino is relevant how??? Dude don't create threads for absolute scrubs. It is unbecoming.