1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Carlos Correa WINS Sporting News and BBWAA 2015 AL Rookie of the Year

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Nick_713, Oct 26, 2015.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

He was just trying to make the point that Lindor is a better defensive player in a fancy way.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mattician

Mattician Member

Congrats Correa!

Hopefully many more awards for him to come.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Good news, although if Lindor had won I wouldn't have had a major beef. It was a close call between them, although I'm certainly taking Correa as the better player long term.

Great rookie year, and lived up to all the hype which was no easy feat given how much hype he had. He also had a great showing in the postseason, and a clutch HR that unfortunately was wiped from memory because of everything that came afterwards. Glad he's on our side for at least the next 6 years.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Best postseason game in Astros history (hitting wise).

5. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

It was close, but it should had been closer as 3 voters had no idea about baseball, not having Lindor voted top 2.

I think Correa is going to be the better player at the end of their careers, i think Lindor is going to be the better SS.

Now, Correa is a SPECIAL player AND PERSON. He is a guy you build your team around, your franchise around, the same way Yanks did with Jeter, and Astros with Biggio, is Lindor that kind of player? No.
    I think Correa will play with the Astros his whole career.

Now, why i had Lindor with a very slight advantage? Defense.

Yes, we almost beat the Royals, thanks to Correa's bat, but we also lost in that 4th game thanks to mediocre relievers and an error by Correa, so yes, DEFENSE counts. And is not that Correa is average infielder, he is very good, with a great arm, but Lindor is just great defensively.

But, if i have to chose between the 2, i take Correa, but if i had the chance to acquire Lindor, i would do it in a heartbeat and move Correa to 3b.

Just imagine this infield for the next 10 years, Reed, Altuve, Lindor, Correa, wow

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Lindor had a great rookie year and I wouldn't have been too upset if he won over Correa, but I'm not convinced his hitting is sustainable. He's a career .738 OPS in the minors and he's .830+ in the majors, which seems super fluky to me. I think his true talent is probably around .750.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

What if they acquired Keith Hernandez, in his prime; Joe Morgan, in his prime; Brooks Robinson, in his prime; and Ozzie Smith, in his prime. Imagine *that* infield for the next 10 years. Wow.

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That, my friend... is a infield I will cheer for....

(hell, after Texans wins, even his posts seem less irritating).

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

It isn't sustainable. The kid had a crazy BABIP and probably had the best offensive season he will ever have in his ML career.

11. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Disagree. Before the season, Baseball America gave the kid a 65 (that is All Star). They gave him 65 on hitting, 70 on defense.

Let me give you the numbers for Correa, 70 (that is All Star, reaching hall of fame). He was given 65 on batting, and 55 on defense. Arm, 70, we saw it.

There are only two 75 players, Bryant and Buxton, there are some 5 to 8 guys with 70, and then we have the 65, so Lindor is really good, it was NOT luck last year, he will hit for average (not as much power) and defense at SS is going to be one of the best.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If only there was a way to evaluate these players in reality... vs. via projections before any of them had seen a MLB pitch.

BABIP says he was pretty lucky... but baseball america had high projections for him so its not.... hmm.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Congrats Correa!

Hinch should've won AL Mgr of the year...