1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos Correa to the Twins - 3 Years, $105 Million

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheresTheDagger, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Sure. He was great in the post season. Correa has been his entire career so you can’t say he wouldn’t have been great too, but obviously no complaints. That doesn’t mean Peña is a better player right now- he’s not. That also doesn’t mean you should pay correa 50X what you are paying Peña- you shouldn’t.

2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

35. Needs a decent run up to 35 (and a couple big years in what’s left of his 20’s) to make the HOF.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Talk to me after year 6 and ask if it was worth it (what the Astros’ offered). Then after year 13. Then we will judge. He was not worth the money to the Astros because Jeremy Pena helped them win another WS for $32 million less money.
    Just because the Giants got desperate after striking out on Judge and other free agents, doesn’t make the contract good.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The problem with Correa is he is injury-prone
    LOL. Desperate teams throw logically decisions. Give 13 years to a shortstop that has had back issues is not smart. Always have to remember in Sports that teams have to appear to be keeping up with the Jones.

I was wrong that someone would give him the years. Good for him. LOL. I am glad it wasn’t the Astros.

5. Qan

Qan Member

I'm surprise how much we're still arguing back and forth about Correa. LOL

B-Bob, Bregatron and everyday eddie like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Member

Because some people for some reason have never liked him… and hang on to narratives that haven’t declared themselves for 3+ years. Then they post outlandish stuff that gets thrown back in their face, embarrassingly so, and now you see them trying to salvage desperately.

Both the Twins and Giants were willing to go 10+ years. But some internet warrior fans know better and say he should only have a 1-3 year deal max.

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

Looks like someone forgot to jump off a bridge this morning and felt the need to lash out. It's cool. You have problems, we all get it. There's a crisis hotline for that.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Yo man, it's almost Christmas. Better chill or Santa's going bring you some coal.
    You suffering from a UTI? Post seems angrily out of the norm for you.

I think we need a Festivus, airing of the grievances' thread

jiggyfly and jayfree like this.
  9. Major

Major Member

Why? That's not the part that makes you stupid so it's irrelevant to my argument. Your stupidity is independent of whether the contract pans out or not.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  10. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Stay Classy ASTROS FANS.

jayfree likes this.
  11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Maybe I’m being a dick. People being aggressively stupid even after the real world has demonstrated they are wrong, and then ignoring all logic, reasons and explanation to knock down straw men is a huge pet peeve of mine on the internet.

Kemahkeith and jayfree like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

Snake Diggit and rockbox like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You need a napkin.

jayfree likes this.
  14. vince

vince Member

15. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

Over the next 6-7 years Pena will easily out-perform Correa. 6-7 years is probably all that Correa is playable. Either way Pena is likely to still be a very productive player for several years after Correa is done. There is always a chance a career ending injury eliminates either of them but setting that chance aside it will not be close.

16. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Sure. We were talking about today though. But, I would be happy to have a who has more WAR bet over the next 5 years with you…

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Stupidity? You are ****ing clueless. *******. When Broke Back Correa is missing games in a few years, that contract won't look good for the Giants...will it? Yeah, he got his money. Good luck.....to the Giants.

18. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

My bet is that Correa becomes an MVP contender regularly the next 5-7 years.

Pena + all the players that would not be possible at Correa's salary will significantly outperform him.

Astros make playoffs more
    Astros make World Series more
    Astros WIN World Series more.

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

I can agree to that. I'm not mad over Correa at all, he bet on himself and got paid for it. He'll do well to bring leadership to the Giants and maybe help bring in other FAs.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. Nick

Nick Member

What's the over/under on who misses more games over the next 3 years: Springer vs. Correa vs. Altuve vs. Bregman?

He's not "that" much younger than Correa. And yes, most players' careers start to decline at/around age 34-35, so this is not really much of a prediction.

Wulaw Horn likes this.