1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlisle and Cuban complaining bout the refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

waiiitt a minute.... u meant to tell me that they didnt like it when refs refused to blow whistles in their favorr??? noo wayyy... WELCOME TO 2005 PLAYOFFS SERIES b****! cuban should stfu cuz he knows what happened a decade ago. at least rick carlisle wasnt there back then to witness what went down... cuban is a selfish ignorant beeyyyooottchhh.... thanks bye

1 person likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The reason Dallas didn't get those calls is because they were and have been flopping all over the place. I can see how A ref ignores that Harris call because the guy not even that long ago RUNS RIGHT INTO HOWARD and does some kind of spinning flop.

Barea sells any contact, that's why Prigs wasn't called for that...they are living with their rep in this series and when you go down over and over again the refs have a tendency to just ignore it after a while.

1 person likes this.
  3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Thank you. Finley out of bounds, MF. Yao bias, MF.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Also, Cuban will always be salty over what happened to his team in 2006 against D-wade and Miami (D-wade did get every single contact call and made a living at the line)... I believe he still referenced it in the Grantland article that he called the Rockets "not good".

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

they're complaining about a game where the Mavs got 15+ ft's than the Rockets (subtracting the 8 intentional FT's)

pretty hilarious to complain about the physicality in a playoff game...

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Totally agree with you. Cuban has always been best suited for WWE or some such. He needs to be hitting a commissioner over the head with a chair, in front of thousands of mouth-breathers. Granted, that is most Mavs fans, but you get the idea.

If those guys can actually complain, after the total GIFTS that Dirk received, over and over tonight, they are beyond hope.

1 person likes this.
  7. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

What is left out of the article is Dirk's post game presser response to the calls which was essentially, "I've been doing this for 17 years, calls get missed, and I do all my complaining during the game, once it's over it's over. But we need to get stops. It's not the refs fault we're down 0-3". I like that response over "they're playing too rough". There were some really bad calls that screwed the Mavs, and Harris did get shoved but depicting Dwight as some monster that's tossing guys every play is a bit much.

8. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

After the 2005 series against the Mavs, the Portland series last year, the Atlanta game this past December and the Memphis game in March, I can't say that I feel much sympathy when the calls happen to go against another team.

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Refs did help the Rockets out *slightly* today, but I am A-OK with that. Rockets were practically playing 5-on-8 in 2005 (as Donaghy has confirmed for us), and we got jobbed in 2007, too.

Way I see it, the league owes us this much... Not like the Mavs had a chance this series, anyways. So it hardly makes up for the aforementioned series... But unfortunately, as the OP was getting at, with Carlisle and Cuban b****ing, and game 4 still in Dallas, the Mavs probably get every call in game 4.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yup, Dirk's response made Carlisle's look very whiny.

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Pathetic comments from Carlisle.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its okay, most likely you will win and can then just say you are the more physical roommate....

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Carlisle trying to pull a Phil Jackson. WEAK

14. nolenium

nolenium Member

Homer glasses at their finest.

Bingo. Play on, boys, play on. I for one loved the lack of calls back and forth. Playoff basketball is physical basketball.

Can't put it any better than this.

I think you can sometimes tell when a poster never played organized basketball, even as a kid.

Refs are a part of the game. Missed calls will happen (which is why a lot of us are fine with the "make up call"). Calls won't go your way. Sometimes 50/50 propositions get called, sometimes when a guy grabs an almost-charge refs won't call anything at all.

The Rockets won because they're a better team and executed down the stretch. The Mavs, like usual, are a hodgepodge collection of pseudo/former/current All-Stars thrown together by a guy playing NBA Manager 2kXX. The series was over before it started because DH/Smith/Jones/Capela >> whatever meager front line Dallas can come up with.

Message boards are rife with hilarious over-exaggeration of "bad" refereeing.

1 person likes this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He is about to get swept by the team his owner hates.

16. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

It's why I hate the Mavs franchise/fanbase so much.

They all spout the company line, and the company line is screeched out by a ****ty lunatic.

I know that NBA officiating is terrible. I won't watch a lot of games until I know whether we win for that reason. It's not worth the heartache watching games ruined by terrible, wrong calls.

But I know that, when it happens, it happens out of incompetence, out of a sport that long, long ago left its rule book far behind. Not out of some grand persecution against my team.

That team/organization/fanbase truly believes they are persecuted. Because their leader tells them they are.

Except for 2011 when somehow I guess they were just too good to be denied in their minds.

There's an old NBA adage: "The series doesn't start until the Mavs start whining like titty-babies about the refs."

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

And the comments about the Spurs fans- let's face it- all teams have fans that are PIAs- it's absurd to compare the Spurs and Mavs fans- they both have good and idiot fans- just like the Rockets. However, look at the franchises. The Rockets and Spurs- good owners, very passionate about their teams, but they know it's not about them, it's about the team. Spurs players- yes, they b**** during the game, but so do our guys- everyone does (well, maybe the Clippers are a bit worse). It's when you hear the crying like this from the owner and coach that you have to just laugh- it's so pathetic, really.

18. nolenium

nolenium Member

I can't let this one go. Please, take your tinfoil hat off and step down from your cardboard soap box.

NBA refs are human, and just like in the NFL, make mistakes. Calls are missed, particularly because the field of play is smaller and more frenetic than other sports, and physicality is *supposed* to be called differently now than it was in 1995.

On the whole, I'm not seeing it at all. Refs generally don't decide games in today's NBA and do a mediocre (or better) job, usually, of calling things. Replay, however tedius it is, has helped immensely with clutch calls.

If you are really convinced of this paranoid delusion that the refs are what won the Mavs their 2011 championship, or the Celtics their 2008, or the Pistons their 2004... why follow the sport at all?

1 person likes this.
  19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Dwight Howard is soft tho, right?

1 person likes this.