1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Sep 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

look i posted it in 2 threads the first one is wrong so i can't change it. My BAD, you know what i don't care if you think it's interesting someone else might. thats what clutchfans is supposed to be about. when i get home and read his reply i will come back on and tell you what he said. if you don't like it you don't have to read it. freedom is awesome

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

offensive foul....cmon carl.... :rolleyes:

3. diegot143

diegot143 Member

Landry come home

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBWpq3y9KqI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBWpq3y9KqI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

what is his GT? I'd like to add him and does anyone else know of any other rockets on xbox live?

5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

this is hoopsworld so take it with a salt shaker, but http://www.***************/Story.asp?story_id=10058

they say landry will sign a 3 year 9 million dollar offer sheet with the Bobcats.

If that's true, I think matching would be very easy.

edit: the link isn't working, but its on the front page of hoopsworld

#25 Matt78777, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Have you ever noticed when its complete rumor there is no name on the byline?

"Hoopsworld Staff" must be afraid of getting something wrong and being sued. ;)

7. RedRaiderRocket

If it is interesting I would believe the Rockets would match. I think Les wouldn't mind paying a portion of the luxury tax for a chance of a championship run. I am sure hoopsworld got it from this article.

Bobcats extend offer sheet to Rockets' Landry
    The Charlotte Bobcats are extending an offer sheet to Houston Rockets big man Carl Landry, looking to address their lack of depth at power forward, an informed source told the Observer.

Restricted free agent Landry played extensive minutes for the Rockets in the second half of last season after Houston lost all-star center Yao Ming to injury.

This is the second time in the past year the Bobcats attempted to take a restricted free agent away from another team. They failed to get Cleveland big man Anderson Varejao last season.

However, the Bobcats seem to have more hope that the Rockets won't match their offer and keep Landry.

That's because the Rockets have a multitude of big men and are believed to be close to luxury-tax territory that could add considerably to their costs.

Details of the Bobcats' offer to Landry have not been revealed.

The Bobcats' greatest area of need entering next week's training camp in Wilmington appears to be power forward. Assuming new coach Larry Brown plans to start Emeka Okafor at center, the team's first option at power forward appears to be Sean May, who missed all of last season and much of his three-year NBA career with a knee injury.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2008/09/bobcats-extend.html

I don't know how credible the writer is who posted this.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I wouldn't be so positive they would match. I think they said that Morey's offer is half of what the Bobcats are offering. Who knows, only time will tell.

9. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

rockets will match we were looking in that range (3mil a year) I think that is why morey offered him 1.5 and charlottle said they would double it! again Morey is a genious! His thought process in UNCANTY!

10. RedRaiderRocket

But with that said I hope this information is accurate, I am well beyond hearing about Carl Landry and his agent, without anything to report. I don't if the Rockets should sign him to a 3 million per year deal. However if Morey wasn't going to match any reasonable offer he would have signed Dorsey by now.

11. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

but 3 mil a year? That's like a rookie contract, don't tell me the rockets can't/won't take that contract. They must have hoped Landry would take the original "less than half" offer, but be completely okay with this one. The only way I see this not being true is if there are extremely seriously concerns about Landry's knee, and its even worse than everyone is letting on.

On Charlotte's side, they must be thinking, "well, houston will probably match, but what the hay? If they don't, we get Landry. If not, no harm done..."

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Agreed. If the Bobcats source is right, then it's likely that he's a Rocket. At least that would be my guess.

What is the total amount for the MLE? Will we end up using the whole thing if we match the deal?

13. Tmcrcks1

Tmcrcks1 Member

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm sick of Carl Landry.

Still hope he signs though.

15. Pete the Cheat

it would be highly unlikely a large portion of the MLE would be used...we won't know for sure until the details are disclosed, but ussually contracts are incremental so it would be 2.5M - 3M - 3.5M...so for this year it would have a 2.5M chunk of the MLE which is aroun 5.7M I believe.

this is great, because now we can use the rest of the MLE to sign Dorsey long-term and perhaps give Deke a contract a little larger than the LLE

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

If the rockets offer Landry 3 mil. per year, they need to pay some luxury tax. And, it means that is not just 3 mil.

17. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

It would seem as if a team would only lock up that money on a offer if they have strong feelings teams wont match. I believe that it the thought process. I know many teams do match offers, but this is going to really make me worried about Landry's future as a Rocket. Hoping for the best!

Scola-Landry-Hayes made for the strongest PF combo in Houston in over a decade.

18. Tmcrcks1

Tmcrcks1 Member

why would they try to keep hayes instead of landry... ill pick landry over hayes any day of the week

19. Pete the Cheat

the luxury tax has no impact on our salary cap, and Les has gone on the record to say he would delve into luxury tax territory to field a champion

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Great news, we get some resolution, Morey will match and we can sign Deke and Dorsey...fantastic.

DD