1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry please ink a deal, we love you and need you in a non gay way

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, Aug 2, 2008.

1. joesr

joesr Member

I say (c), both. I like Landry. He brought energy and explosiveness to the court. But all this waiting is making it hard on Morey to make other moves/deals. For all we know Morey might have had a trade scheduled but couldn't due to not having team salary or full roster yet. Garbage!

Sorry CL but your screwing with the team more and more the longer you wait.

2. ybbodeus

ybbodeus Member

Appreciate the help, BT.

3. Carl Landry

Carl Landry Member

Ok,ok,finally i will sign,280m,3y

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Imposter!!

I checked your profile - it clearly states you are Carl Landry from Huston.

So Carl Landry from Houston you clearly are not.

:D

5. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

This thread wasn't even on the first page for some time, i think landry's value in the eyes of fans has cooled with barry and artest on board...

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Not in my mind.

Can't speak for anyone else, but with or without Barry and Artest I dont see how that covers for a potential loss of Mandry.

I haven't forgotten the energy, the dunks, the blocks, the boards, the solid 15 foot jumpers.

Carl is a unique talent and I want him on the Rockets, whether his agent is an asswipe or not.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

So true. Artest is a fine addition and obviously much better than Carl but we need him back. I feel having Barry has nothing to do with having Carl on the team. Some people are overestimating what a 37 year Barry can do.

8. bluehorse

bluehorse Member

i don't care about the carl any more, sign the mutombo and Dorsey please

9. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

You said it all.

10. lifei

lifei Member

:D Even if rocket have to lose landry,we will get better player.
    wells and so on.....

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I hope that grin in your post means you are being sarcastic.

Wells and so on....?

Bonzi is clearly washed up and incapable of playing consistently at NBA level.

and so on...? Not so sure who that might be - not many out there that have Landry's skills, especially if they can be had for less than the full MLE!!

12. Air-Olajuwon

Air-Olajuwon Member

Guys, stop overrating Landry. If you guys had not overrate him from the beginning we wouldn't stand in the current situation. Landry is a good baller, no doubt but c'mon, you're acting like he is the a franchise-player, he isn't even a starter, he isn't even first player of the bench....

Don't get me wrong, I like Landry and I would love to see Landry on this team but we are sure thing overrating him on this board...

13. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Agreed- my expectations for a 37 yr old Barry are low. If he still had the juice - SA would not have let him get away......Glen Rice anyone?

I want Landry back - just do not want to break the bank......

14. kupogrey

kupogrey Member

I know of a few teams he would at LEAST be the first man coming off the bench if not a starter.

15. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

And where are the few teams that he would at LEAST be the first man off the bench at? I don't even hear rumors, much less offers.

16. wingz0

wingz0 Member

There were rumours a month or two back that the Pacers and the Lakers are interested in Landry. Whatever happened to those, I have no idea. Most likely, they're as wary of his knee - and his refusal to submit to an arthroscopic - as we are.

17. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Landry not having signed concerns me a bit. I think that a combination of Scola and Landry was formidable last season. That combo was largely resonsible for the 22 game win-streak. Not taking anything away from McGrady, but Scola and Landry exerted a certain level of toughness that propelled the Rockets to a lot of wins.

Now, I realize that Landry had that nagging knee problem, and was out a lot longer than any of us thought. But, he reminded me a lot of a Karl Malone. He had an outside shot, toughness, and posazz!!!

Here's to hoping that if Landry is healthy can be resigned!!!

I wonder who will blink first Morey or Landry's agent?

And if Landry isn't signed, I don't think that will hinder the Rockets from being a championship contender.

18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Landry doesn't remind me very much at all of Karl Malone, which makes me happy. He does kind of remind me of a young Robert Horry, not so much in terms of his playing style but in the way he's not especially brilliant at any one thing but always manages to come up with big plays. Of course, that's assuming his knee isn't a problem and he regains the form he had last season. Otherwise, I guess we'll be back to seeing Chuck Hayes a lot and hoping that Dorsey is as good as Morey thinks he is.

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I'd be willing to bet Landry blinks first (not his agent)

We have what, 3 power forwards (scola, hayes, harris) and 1 center?

There was some talk about Artest playing some 4, not sure if that'll happen, but the team can make do for now.

I guess the important thing is... when does a player no longer count as a restricted free agent? Full year of no play? That'll do wonders for contract negotiations next year.

If other teams aren't willing to offer him a contract worth signing, that should tell him what his value is, not what he what he thinks he deserves as a 2nd round pick with a history of injury that only played 1/4 the year, because he managed to get injured with VERY limited pt. :rolleyes:

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

Back in July.