1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Career] Just got a job with Reliant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SlvrBtl, Aug 24, 2007.

1. SlvrBtl

SlvrBtl Member

Just found out that I just got the Business Analyst job for Reliant. Just want to ask for some advice from my clutchfans brethren. Anyone here work for Reliant that can let me know what to expect? Or anyone that works in the sector that can give me some advice?

I just recently moved back to Houston from the UK, where I did my university work. After 5 years or living abroad, coming home has been quite an event, any help would definitely be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Masters Flickvan

Masters Flickvan Contributing Member

Yeah, go back to Europe. I would if I could.

3. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I worked for Reliant from 1999 to 2004.

I was there in the $50 a share, 3rd-biggest trading company in the US, heyday.

I was there when we traded .99 a share.

What do you want to know?

4. SlvrBtl

SlvrBtl Member

Well I just want to know how it is to be working for Reliant the company itself. Is there anything I should be worried about, anything I should keep an eye on? If anyone can let me know what it is I should be watchful for would definitely be helpful?

5. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Im going to interview with reliant next week. Can any former or current employees comment on how their interviews are?

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Worry about them ripping off their customers.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . don't drop the soap

Rocket River

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My buddy is a Pricing Analyst there and he loves it. He loves everything about it.

Still waiting on those free Texans tickets...

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm a Business Analyst for your competitor, Gexa. I'm not sure if there is anything I can tell you about it. What will you be doing as a "business analyst"? The title is pretty vague.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I just had a contract ended at reliant. its funny what rr wrote, they do have a lot of gay guys there. seriously not that there is anything wrong with it, just never seen that. I also interviewed for a permanent position on their trading floor, but I never heard anything back.

other than that, the job I was doing wasn't with any professionals like a business analyst. it was more customer service. I liked it, I'm still holding out hope that I get the job i interviewed for.

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

All the men work at CenterPoint. They lay the pipe and handle the lines.